Bellingham temps/Poor Baker

minddoc

Does anyone besides me get a little down about this? I’ve always been fairly liberal with environmental stuff, but at the same time tried not to worry to much as I can only do so much. But… :eek:

“AFTER A VERY WARM TUESDAY NIGHT...EVEN WARMER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED WEDNESDAY WITH HIGHS REACHING INTO 90S TO AROUND 100 ACROSS THE AREA. THIS 20 TO 30 DEGREES ABOVE NORMAL AND WILL CREATE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE CONDITIONS.”

This seems a bit sad. It looks like even at the 10,000-foot mark, 60 degrees! Baker is melting! Any climatologist out there with any positive news about glacier melt off?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you meant down south in Texas:

Texas floods worst in 50 years, officials say

44 days of rain trigger largest state flood response ever By Corrie MacLaggan AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF Friday, July 06, 2007

As rain continued to soak much of Texas on Thursday, emergency officials said the state is experiencing its most extensive flooding since 1957, when floods ended a statewide drought.

That was the last time that five of Texas' major river basins — the Red, Trinity, Brazos, Colorado and Nueces — were at flood stage. When that happens, even 1 or 2 inches of rain can cause flooding.

Thirteen people have died in Texas because of this summer's storms, according to unofficial state reports. Five others are missing. And more rain is expected today.

"It's been an unprecedented rain event in Texas for this time of year," said Jack Colley, chief of the Governor's Division of Emergency Management. "Mostly this time of year we're fighting wildfires — we're not fighting floods."

Colley characterized the disaster response so far as the state's largest-ever search and rescue effort for a flood. State and local officials have been working with organizations such as the American Red Cross to evacuate people, clear roads, and provide food, water and shelter.

Since the rains began 44 days ago, at least 50 counties — from the Oklahoma border through Central Texas to the Rio Grande Valley — have experienced flood damage. By comparison, Hurricane Rita affected 22 counties in 2005, officials said....