Weight Gain Contest

archenemy

I also think that men have little or no impact on or responsibility for the way women perceive themselves, or their various body-image related neuroses.

This is, without a doubt, the funniest thing you have ever posted. You should get the retard award for this one.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think that men have little or no impact on or responsibility for the way women perceive themselves, or their various body-image related neuroses.

This is, without a doubt, the funniest thing you have ever posted. You should get the retard award for this one.

hahaha...

on the contrary, little do these women know what power they actually posses...

with each passing year I get more repulsive. who cares.

Ditto.

And my best friend, a fabulous woman and excellent doctor, said to me: "Why should I waste so much time worrying about my appearance. There are so many things that are so much more important".

And I thought, "Duh. Why didn't I think of that?"

I respect that so greatly; I wish I could accept it into my own belief system. She's rad.

This contest sounded so easy, but this morning I was unable to stop myself from doing a trail run then going to the gym. To make matters worse, I ate a perfectly healthy breakfast afterward. I suck at this contest. :(

I'm moving back over to the other thread.

Maybe we should all start a "fat is beautiful" craze, and merely be nice to Sherri the way she was to us when being in shape was the craze

:laf: That's a great idea! I could really use the support in order to break out of this stupid healthy rut. You guys are the best. ;)

Tater chips are the key to converting the healthy.

I really like the concept of merely becoming more accepting of ones own weight. However I don’t think it works at this late stage of life to try to completely undo all of the socialization of a lifetime. In our culture we are socialized to find skinny people attractive. At this stage, I keep trying to convince myself that fat is beautiful, but I just cannot feel it. Life would be even easier if I could convince myself that I found men attractive, because they are sure easier to get along with. But my mind just doesn’t go that way. Trying to convince myself that Big is Beautiful seems just as hopeless, thus my life of solitude.

Finally, somehow one needs to convince ones self that it is OK to smile as their body goes to hell as they get older. Another mind game that seems impossible, even though you know it is the right thing and the smart thing. Socialization is hell. Perhaps we can merely raise our kids better and try to socialize them more openly.

Man, I am a sensitive MoFo

And don't worry about it arch, no matter how big you get, you still have a real purdy mouth (I mean, nice smile.)

Edited by high_on_rock

I am sitting here in WI resiting the urge to run or rent a bike to ride along Lake Michigan.

When I get back, I want the cc.com community to be proud of my will power and inner terpitude.

-r

PS Muff, the ice cream here in America's Dairland is amazing!

with each passing year I get more repulsive. who cares.

Ditto.

And my best friend, a fabulous woman and excellent doctor, said to me: "Why should I waste so much time worrying about my appearance. There are so many things that are so much more important".

And I thought, "Duh. Why didn't I think of that?"

I respect that so greatly; I wish I could accept it into my own belief system. She's rad.

that is my goal. I just wrote recently that it is more important to grow my spirit than it is to shirk my waist.

I am sitting here in WI resiting the urge to run or rent a bike to ride along Lake Michigan.

When I get back, I want the cc.com community to be proud of my will power and inner terpitude.

-r

PS Muff, the ice cream here in America's Dairland is amazing!

MMMMMMM ice cream :moondance: i had ice cream to night. I split a giant half chocolate chunk half white chocolate macadamia nut warm cookie with vanilla ice cream on it with my best Mustang Sally :cool:

Muf, whither your spirit goest your waistline will follow.

i will take the fat and happy then :cool:

i was super duper naughty yesterday and took Thing One and Thing Two on a short hike. it was so hot in the city I had to get out of town. we had the BEST BEST TIME. i love hiking with my boys.

Sherri,

It is understandable that you went the healthy route this morning, that is just a part of your habit. However, don't lose hope. With time, focus, and determination, you too can have a twinkie. And remember, we love you no matter how you look.

I'm gonna try harder tomorrow, I promise. I think it would help if I cut up the twinkies into bite size pieces and took a baggie full of them to work. It'll make it easier to resist the pull of those beautiful apples and yummy bananas that seem to be everywhere. Aarrgh!

That is the sweetest most sincerely niaeve post. I love it. It show s room from growth.

Do not cut up twinkiies before deepfrying them. With a good dose of oil at hot levels, you can reconfigure that pesky molecular structure of each and every twinkie. We'll talk.