Weight Gain Contest

archenemy

I don't know that you can buy them but they're easy to make!

Crusty baguette or bread of some sort

1x Avocado

1x Tomato

a few ham slices per person

1 can black beans

1 bunch cilantro

lime juice

cut bread into lengthwise slices

slice tomato and avocado

Saute ham, and tomato briefly to warm/release flavor (maybe just a hint of olive oil)

Empty black beans into a microwave safe dish and nuke til warm. Squish beans with a potato masher

build sandwhich :)

Layer black beans, ham, tomato, avocado, and cilantro, then sprinkle with lime juice. Turn the rest of the avocado into guacamole and serve it with chips and beer :) :) :)

and don't let the :pagetop: steal them!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the human vortex of avacado consumption.

In that case, you should try chilled avocado soup sometime. Sounds weird, but I promise you, it is the ultimate avocado experience, especially for summer eating.

I used to make a shamefully rich version at the restaurant, with pureed avocados, heavy cream, sour cream, lime juice, and garlic and topped each bowl with freshly-fried tortilla strips.

Unlike it's chunkier country-cousin guacamole, this chilled soup is classy, velvety, and buttery-smooth. Try it. Your avocados will thank you. :grin:

I knew I shouldn't have peeked in here, but Sherri that avocado soup sounds almost as good as your chocolate pudding cake. Yummmmmm. Any tips on the proportion of cream and sour cream to pureed avocados. I need to go on a super long hike to burn mega calories and then try making this :)

I knew I shouldn't have peeked in here, but Sherri that avocado soup sounds almost as good as your chocolate pudding cake. Yummmmmm. Any tips on the proportion of cream and sour cream to pureed avocados. I need to go on a super long hike to burn mega calories and then try making this :)

That's what you get for peeking. :/

Both are verrrrry good, but verrrrry bad.

I used to make it in a batch big enough to feed about 500 people, so I wouldn't trust my guestimates on proportions. :crosseye: If you do a google search for "avocado soup recipes", you'll be better served, I reckon. Look for the chilled ones that require no cooking.

FYI, if you want to make it a bit healthier, substitute some low-fat or skim milk for some or all of the cream, and use quark or "light" sour cream. If it seems thinner than you'd like, a few more avocados will beef up the texture. Some recipies also add chicken stock, but you can make a perfectly good version without that.

I hope you can find a good recipe! Eating this soup feels so naughty, like eating dip without the chip. :eveeel:

Disclamier: I cannot be held responsible for any caloric consequences resulting from the consumption of yummy foods described here.

This recipe, from Cooks.com, closely approximates the version I make:

CHILLED AVOCADO SOUP

4 ounces sour cream

2 avocados, peeled, seeded and puréed

6 3/4 ounces green chilies, puréed

1/4 of an onion, pureed

1/2 tablespoon garlic powder

1/2 quart light cream

1 cup heavy cream

1 ounce chipotle chile pepper, puréed

1 cup whole milk

1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice

to taste salt

to taste while pepper

Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well. Allow to chill overnight to let the seasonings blend before using.

If I were making this now, I'd probably add an extra avocado(if the national shortage of them has subsided, of course), substitute whole milk for half of the light cream, and add a pinch of cumin(just a tiny one, so it doesn't overpower the fruit). You can also leave out the chilis in this recipe, if you're shy about heat.

That's what you get for peeking. :/

Both are verrrrry good, but verrrrry bad.

I used to make it in a batch big enough to feed about 500 people, so I wouldn't trust my guestimates on proportions. :crosseye: If you do a google search for "avocado soup recipes", you'll be better served, I reckon. Look for the chilled ones that require no cooking.

FYI, if you want to make it a bit healthier, substitute some low-fat or skim milk for some or all of the cream, and use quark or "light" sour cream. If it seems thinner than you'd like, a few more avocados will beef up the texture. Some recipies also add chicken stock, but you can make a perfectly good version without that.

I hope you can find a good recipe! Eating this soup feels so naughty, like eating dip without the chip. :eveeel:

Disclamier: I cannot be held responsible for any caloric consequences resulting from the consumption of yummy foods described here.

This recipe, from Cooks.com, closely approximates the version I make:

CHILLED AVOCADO SOUP

4 ounces sour cream

2 avocados, peeled, seeded and puréed

6 3/4 ounces green chilies, puréed

1/4 of an onion, pureed

1/2 tablespoon garlic powder

1/2 quart light cream

1 cup heavy cream

1 ounce chipotle chile pepper, puréed

1 cup whole milk

1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice

to taste salt

to taste while pepper

Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well. Allow to chill overnight to let the seasonings blend before using.

If I were making this now, I'd probably add an extra avocado(if the national shortage of them has subsided, of course), substitute whole milk for half of the light cream, and add a pinch of cumin(just a tiny one, so it doesn't overpower the fruit). You can also leave out the chilis in this recipe, if you're shy about heat.

I am so making that :D

I thought I'd eat healthy and make fish for dinner. But, true to form, I couldn't just make one type of fish. I made a paprika-chili spiced buttered filet of one type, sashimi because that is required for human happiness, and a Peruvian Ceviche that made the mouth aroused.

I love dieting.

I thought I'd eat healthy and make fish for dinner. But, true to form, I couldn't just make one type of fish. I made a paprika-chili spiced buttered filet of one type, sashimi because that is required for human happiness, and a Peruvian Ceviche that made the mouth aroused.

I love dieting.

if that is dieting i am coming to live at your house

*nods*