outerwear by marmot

mikey

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:
Shit Mikey!Use your own judgement or go ask your mom and quit bothering us important alpinists. Only you know what you will be subjecting your pants to. On evaluating your level of confidence in your own judgement I suggest something stain resistant.

Holly shit… poor guy shocked.gif" border="0

Mikey - You asked a serious question and you deserve a serious answer. For ice dancing go with the 3 ply, they hold up better for double toe loops. For gay nightclub dancing/lounging, go with 2 ply, if the crotch rips out no big deal. blush.gif" border="0[Moon]

retro, pretty simple qs, only a simple answer is required, although your response was funny. just trying to save a few $ and i guess my inexperience showed. can you suggest something (shell pants for general mountaineering). this response oughto be good.....

mikey it is all pretty much the same nylon outer material......2ply is bulkier due to the mesh lining......

it all works....goretex is not awonder fabric....save your money...

i personly say buy some scholler pants (do a search there are some really good deals out there (ll.bean, sieraatrading post)) and then get a like the lowe aderinaline pants or the marmot precip...you will only ever have to really wear shell gear if the rain or wind is wat outta control......pld both of the tose fabrics breath better....

over all less money spent, more versatility and compacts better.....

hope that helps

email and i will give more details...

[ 04-15-2002, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: erik ]