• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
ken4ord

What was your weekend like???

saturday morning packed up for some WA Pass alpine...

Were you packing up at the WA Pass overlook lot on Saturday afternoon? Small pickup truck?

nope... grey sedan at mi post 165... two bikes on top

Were you packing up at the WA Pass overlook lot on Saturday afternoon? Small pickup truck?

How'd your trip go fox? We saw the car at the pullout as we were leaving last night.

I had a extremely lame weekend sitting at home doing absolutely nothing, topped off by an extremely lame Deftones concert last night. I felt like cutting my throat just like the lead singer from Darengray, which is a band that is Dareng'ly Ghey.

How'd your trip go fox? We saw the car at the pullout as we were leaving last night.

PRETTY GOOD!

We ran into Sarah and Oscar coming down on Saturday and they said ya'll were gonna head up Kangaroo Temple on Sunday. Guess not eh? Congrats on LC in a day!

PRETTY GOOD!

We ran into Sarah and Oscar coming down on Saturday and they said ya'll were gonna head up Kangaroo Temple on Sunday. Guess not eh? Congrats on LC in a day!

No temple, we went for Prime Rib instead.

Thanks. I'm going to see if Counterfeitfake will write an LC TR.

Still getting over bronchitis. Thunderstorms, which I'm finding out are not fun here in the Rockies at 11,000 feet, cancelled my overnight trip.

As a consolation prize, went bouldering the past two days - Castlewood Canyon & 3 Sisters. Still have absolutely no energy and find myself shutting down long before my arms get pumped out. Looking back, probably a good thing I didn't try to do a double peak in the Gore Range.

I HATE GETTING SICK IN THE SUMMERTIME!!!!

Peter Croft asked if we minded him doing a lap on our rope at "Neat and Cool" in the Smoke Bluffs this weekend. Needless to say, we didn't mind at all.

Neat and cool, indeed. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Oh yeah......we also baby proofed a couple of rooms in our house this weekend.....fun stuff I tell you......

Yeah I got to that as well, though I don't know how to baby proof walls. Simone recently discovered paint chips, our mud brick walls are getting a little old and crumbly.

You can usually keep babies out by putting chestnuts around the walls of each room...oh sorry thats spiders

put a crucifix, garlic, or a mirror on the wall you want them to stay away from

I haven't tried crucifix, I think having one of them in the house would keep me away from the house. Garlic won't work she likes it too much and now that she can stand one of her favorite pastime is to see if she can get away with hitting the full size mirror in the hall. I guess I am screwed.

But she so cute right now!!!! I know she'll turn into Satan's spawn when she gets older, I just can't picture it.

An easy rock "climb" (Lundin) that turned into a 16hour epic from hell (routefinding issues and a slow beginner with us). But I had some fun anyways.

Pics?

It was pretty good until my partner decided to use his face in the gravel to stop him and his bike.