What was your weekend like???

ken4ord

I once again had a pretty damn good weekend. Got out and did pretty damn hard ride, I was wishing I had my armor and full face helmet so I could have really gone for it on some of the steeps I found. Still a good time, the pic below is on the easy relaxed part of the ride, pretty much back in town. On the 4th we headed out to Eastern Rwanda to do some exploring, we found some great boulders and small spires. I will hopefully go back out there soon before I head back to WA in mid-August.

So my weekend was a little of this:

Ken_taking_a_small_jump.jpg

And a little of this:

bouldering1.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate you, not in the i wish something bad would happen to you way but in the GOD DAMMIT i want to climb or hike or something kind of way. i need to go to dirt school so i can mountain bike worth a damn.

*pout*

i sat around a lot. worked on planning the raised garden beds i am going to build this year so i can use them next year. went and saw transformers. i went on a 20 mile bike ride on Wednesday. but it was all on a paved path. for any one who doesn't know eugene has approximately 100 miles in paved bike paths along the rivers and through town. had brunch at Keystone Cafe' (YUM) made watermelon gazpacho. had southern slaw dogs for dinner on thursday. went to cold stone :moondance: i think thats about it. *sigh*

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Hey a 20 mile bike ride is much better than nothing at all. And you got movie theathers, ice cream, watermelon gazpacho, southern slaw dogs, not fair at all. For munchable item we had the bbq at the embassador house for cold burgers and very boring company (note to self: missionaries and diplomats have no life outside of God and the USA). One good thing is they did have Corona and lime, but damn fuck me hard with no lube at $4 pop.

I put my closet back together where I had been doing some repair on Saturday.

Sunday I ended up doing a bus ride then an hour long hike to my parents house for dinner and a beer. It's kind of funny since technically I can drive again (which is a good thing), but since I'm not back to full time work I can't really afford to pilot my pig unless I really need to.

This week I've got 2 doctor appointments and 2 days of fill in work.

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Hey a 20 mile bike ride is much better than nothing at all. And you got movie theathers, ice cream, watermelon gazpacho, southern slaw dogs, not fair at all. For munchable item we had the bbq at the embassador house for cold burgers and very boring company (note to self: missionaries and diplomats have no life outside of God and the USA). One good thing is they did have Corona and lime, but damn fuck me hard with no lube at $4 pop.

OUCH 4 bucks for a corona is a pretty rude ass fuck ;) and you are right. the bike ride was great and the food was AWSOME. I am dating this guy who can really REALLY cook and when you put the two of us in the kitchen together, well lets just say magic doesn't only happen in the bed room ;):cool:

Feck :tup: on the working. 'bout time you start doing something to keep you out of trouble ;)

OUCH 4 bucks for a corona is a pretty rude ass fuck ;)

So, would it be rude for me to tell of being given a $20 bar credit at the Alley Cantina in Taos? I was completely soaked in sweat before the end of that gig...it was a great time.

Womb_with_a_view.jpg

Feeling depressed and near suicidal, I choose to head to the mts alone to seek her good tidings.

Tried to poach an ascent of the center line, the chimney, basically took 2 days both to get to it and try and get the killer loose blocks trundled.

Making a long story short, got my rope stuck on the rap, climbed only 30 hard f*en feet all weekend, and that was a horizontal traverse to get a rap anchor off a 4" fir tree in the middle of the wall - glad I survived blah blah - did get 11 hours of sleep and lost 6 lbs. Was able to name the route and hope to go fire it later. ("Womb with a view")

I'm feeling almost normal now.

had an interesting brush with greatness this weekend. i'm embarrassed to say i didn't even realize it at the time. in preparation for buying my first motorcycle i was taking the novice rider's class at sand point park. in walks this tall lanky dude that looks like he's channeling the rock-star/biker poser look. um....well....much to my chagrin....he actually was a rock star. turns out Duff McKagan ,formerly of Guns N Roses and now of Velvet Revolver, was firming up his rock-star/biker street cred. :rawk:

saturday morning packed up for some WA Pass alpine...

sat in the mi 165 pullout and looked at mtn...

decided we'd rather ride our new bikes....

drove down to mazama and rode back up to the pass...

then back down the pass...FAST!!!

ate ice cream in winthrop

...then cragged at fun rock...FUN!

drove home...

slept all day yesterday, then worked on a jigsaw puzzle.

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: