Ptarmigan Traverse trip is shot

Grizz42

"Who should be in control?"

"Good question."

Do I have this straight? You want to talk about controlling what climbing information the forum members should be allowed to share? That's just so bizarre that I have to assume you were joking...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, if you read my entire post in context you'll see that I advocate self-governing. Not a police state governed by powers that be.

As for other comments, I agree that user numbers have dropped in many areas and road washouts only contribute to that trend. I think it's a great trend.

Goatboy, how is it a conspiracy? The link that now shows up as a red "X" in my previous post, displays the route topo in this very thread. The link is exactly the same. The route topo on the old thread was there for about a week (if you don't believe me, ask others who saw it - like Blake) when Blake PM'd me to take it down. I totally ignored Blake's request, and a few days later the route topo showed up as a red "X". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to solve the caper. With computers it is what it is. There is no in between.

But at any rate, the route topo is there now so I'm happy. It would be great if it could stay there this time, as I know others will find it useful.

The link isn't the same. Your link wasn't erased, it's still there, but the picture you're linking it to either got erased or moved somehow. Since moderators, let alone blake, can do neither of those, I'm having trouble seeing how there is conspiracy against you.

Goatboy, how is it a conspiracy? The link that now shows up as a red "X" in my previous post, displays the route topo in this very thread. The link is exactly the same. The route topo on the old thread was there for about a week (if you don't believe me, ask others who saw it - like Blake) when Blake PM'd me to take it down. I totally ignored Blake's request, and a few days later the route topo showed up as a red "X". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to solve the caper. With computers it is what it is. There is no in between.

But at any rate, the route topo is there now so I'm happy. It would be great if it could stay there this time, as I know others will find it useful.

The link isn't the same. Your link wasn't erased, it's still there, but the picture you're linking it to either got erased or moved somehow. Since moderators, let alone blake, can do neither of those, I'm having trouble seeing how there is conspiracy against you.

Alrighty, well whatever happened, the topo is there now so that's great.

RE: slide alder. The slide alder on the approach is almost entirely avoidable, so my advice would be to not worry about following the red line exactly, and rely more on your routefinding skills. I don't own a GPS so the topo is approximate, but I'd say it's pretty darn close.

No, if you read my entire post in context you'll see that I advocate self-governing. Not a police state governed by powers that be.

As for other comments, I agree that user numbers have dropped in many areas and road washouts only contribute to that trend. I think it's a great trend.

It's the question that I thought was meant to be a joke. But now that you mention it, I don’t think the term self-governing is what I think of when I think about freedom of choice and freedom speech. We’re talking about trip reports here, not current affairs.