wma or wmi for a wemt course?

honu

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After you spend your energy making this decision, share the decision so that we don't have to apply energy ourselves.

One thing to keep in mind is the recerts. It would be my belief that you will have to recert with whomever you take the original, as they don't recognize eachother. Would seem to be a great argument for WMI as they seem to offer more locations.

I just took a WFR with WMI and it was awesome. I'm thinking of going for WEMT next. The instructors were extremely knowledgeable, the course setup was fun, and the scenarios were excellent learning experiences. We did 2 large scale mock rescues--one on a forested, rocky riverbank and one near Timberline on Mt Hood. Made the course very real. I'd recommend WMI wholeheartedly.

I took the WMI Wemt course in Yosemite last Nov. It was probably the best descision of my life. I really got the best of both worlds as we did great scenarios with Yosemite Search and Rescue and did our clinicals in Fresno; an area in which you get to experience the hectic world of emergency medicine in a big city first hand. I am not really sure about WMA, but I know that WMI is recognized by the national registry and refreshers are not required to be taken through NOLS.