Trailhead break-ins at White Chuck River

tivoli_mike

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to be on the rise this year, did the car that got broken into have anything visable on the seats or dash? I learned to never leave anything that can be seen inside my vehicle, even a few quarters, or a CD, it's amazing that thieves will break in for low value items, but they are probably desperate, small time crooks. It would be nice to have some sort of useful security system, like a flame thrower or maybe a strong electric shock!

Hey, since I'm rehabbing an injury:

Anyone up for a little burglar baiting? Basically you leave everything in plain sight and stake out the parking area where the break-ins are occuring. Then when you catch the varmints, either A) Beat them senseless, B) hold them for the police, C) gag them, tie them to a tree naked and spray paint "Thief" on their chest, or D) all of the above. One downside is you'll probably lose a window before you catch them.

We did this in Tennessee once after a rash of robberies at T-Wall and the kid we caught got so nervous that he puked. Thought about using him for a human dartboard. A few pints, a bullseye on the ass...what could be more fun? Squeeeeeaaaallll like a pig boy!!

Ahh, c'mon Pencil Pusher...get real

Cops are probably the most vigilante mofos out there. The cops I know would probably laugh like hell and maybe even teach you the secret handshake for doing some shit like that.

"Yeah, I had to chase him for a while, looks like he caught a few bruises when I tackled him.." Nudge/Wink

"So then I tied him up to go call you guys and when I come back whadya know...some damn vandal done gone and tagged him up with a gang sign. I never heard of that "thief" gang...wonder if they're down with the crips?"

As for the self-defense side, I don't know too many folks that would want to square off with a guy holding a pair of ice tools...or we could just tie them up long enough to airlift in the....BATTTLLLEEEE CAAAGGGGEEE!!!

Will

That is truly genius! Throw out the rule book and give those punks a taste of their own medicine.

Like that sicko Dunn guy that kidnapped and beat a 6 yr old boy last week in Bellevue... I'd like to take a pair of pliers to his testicles, and make him puke too.

While I admire the person wanting to catch the burglar, think about the possible outcomes. Beat and spray paint the kid and then you can't call the cops. Even if you do/don't, at that point the kid will just say he was minding his own business and then got jumped. The police will track you down and you'll be the criminal.

Your best bet, if you decide to stake things out, is to provide for your own self defense, take control of the situation until the police arrive, and then file your report. Everything you do, once the police are involved, will have to be justified, FYI.

• 3 weeks later...

I know someone who had there car broken in to at the Downey Creek trailhead just a couple weeks ago..they discovered this after completing the Ptarmigan Traverse...what a wonderful sight it must have been to return to civilization only to discover your car has been ransacked. Sounds to me like some rednecks up to no good living around the town of Darrington have been making regular visits to both these trailheads and trashing cars....I say some folks do some buglar baiting!

Somebody busted out a window in my car last year at Squire Creek trailhead a ways outside of Darrington. Cost $400 to replace and all the asshole made off w/ was about $4 in quarters. I make sure not to have any change sitting around or anything else that looks interesting since then.