slideshow/computer help

carolyn

maybe one of you computer savy folks can help me figure this out.

Im in the midst of making a slideshow for a funeral on Saturday. Not only is this extremely difficult emotionally, Im started to get crazed with the the technical aspects of it.

My computer isnt the best, but its not bad. I tried using Power Point, but once I got too many photos on it, it just kept freezing my computer. So, I redid it using windows movie maker, which claims to be compatible with windows media player - that is until you try to open it with media player. There is some sort of codec used in the moviemaker that media player says is not compatible.

Honestly, I dont think I can redo this slideshow again without going crazy. Not only are the photos difficult to look at, the music (which I cant put in it because I bought it online/copywrite issues) is driving me bonkers - mainly the barney song. Yes, the funeral is for a child.

I really wanted to get it together with the music and put it on DVD. Second best would be putting it on a disc to give to the family after the funeral. I can do that, but they wont be able to play it because of the format.

Any knowledge on the program I used or suggestions on other programs? I may just have to take another day off work to get this done in time. :(

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. That stuff is no fun.

Picasa does a nice slideshow.

http://picasa.google.com/

It's incredibly easy to learn. Slides fade from one into another, mp3s can be attached and I believe there's a burn to DVD function now.

I won't be able to check until after eight tonight or so, but PM me for my email addy if you need help with it.

hey, I got it!

It was a long process - and now I feel kinda dumb. Thankfully it is saved on my computer and looks good. I will put it on a disc tomorrow for the family and others. I wont be able to get the music in unless I download some random converter for it - and then its a big maybe. For now, I will leave it be. Maybe at some point I can find someone who can convert it easier, and turn it into a DVD!

Thanks nonanon and others who offered help!