Bad use of Tax Money

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say 90% of the show "Cops" revolves around a routine stop, where the officer proceeds to get permission to search the suspects' belongings or car, interspersing comments like "is there anything that I might find?" and "don't lie to me; tell the truth now". Then the officer finds a small amount of bud, a pipe with residue, or some other paraphrenelia, proceeds to chew out the suspect, make a big deal about what he's found (and the suspect's 'lying' about it), handcuffs him/her and makes an arrest. My reactions are 1) BFD!!! and 2) is that what cops spend all their time doing? What a monumental waste of time and resources.

Can you imagine the chaos that legalizing drugs would cause? We would overnight shut down “the war on drugs” and the huge structure that it has become. Courts would be laying off half their staff. Prosecutors, cops, jail guards: the unemployment would completely disrupt all governments from federal to city.

I once sat in court and wondered how much disruption in the flow of the system would be caused if the cops just went on strike for a day and did not make any arrests? My god, we have a system in nearly every town that is set up to handle the flow of drug criminals on a daily basis, and the interruption would be like the commercial where someone wants to pay by check in a credit card world; total stall, total disruption, total chaos.

You guys sound like you want “law and justice” rather then the “law and order” of our system.

There is a very substantial difference between legalizing pot and legalizing all drugs. And I doubt that everything would just change overnight. The whole idea is to control and tax the substances. That would make it safer for the user and give the government more money for schools, weapons, and world domination.

"It's pretty much all I've been doing for the past year and a half — [busting] one house after another," said Kent police Sgt. Jim Miller, head of a narcotics task force in the Kent Valley.

It is a pretty common belief that putting resources into enforcing anti-marijuana laws is just plain silly, and I tend to agree. There are much larger issues that should be focused on.

Edited by McStupid

Can you imagine the chaos that legalizing drugs would cause? We would overnight shut down “the war on drugs” and the huge structure that it has become. Courts would be laying off half their staff. Prosecutors, cops, jail guards: the unemployment would completely disrupt all governments from federal to city.

I once sat in court and wondered how much disruption in the flow of the system would be caused if the cops just went on strike for a day and did not make any arrests? My god, we have a system in nearly every town that is set up to handle the flow of drug criminals on a daily basis, and the interruption would be like the commercial where someone wants to pay by check in a credit card world; total stall, total disruption, total chaos.

You guys sound like you want “law and justice” rather then the “law and order” of our system.

Hey, I have an idea! How about that huge infrastructure could be put to use investigating and prosecuting REAL crimes?

:/