[TR] Liberty Bell - Beckey Route - 7/4/2007

jpasteris

Trip: Washington Pass - Liberty Bell - Beckey Route

Date: 7/4/2007

Trip Report:

Climbed the Beckey Route on Liberty Bell on the 4th. Spectacular weather made for a great day. Saw a couple other parties, but really not too busy. There is still some snow around, but it's melting fast. The approach to Liberty Bell is easily doable in approach shoes.

The route was fun as usual. Cruised it pretty quick. Kristy led the first pitch for her first alpine lead. I took pitch two and three. We scrambeled to the top, took some pics, scrambled back down and rapped off. Two rappels with one rope make for an easy descent. We lit some sparklers to celebrate the 4th when we got back to our bags.

Be careful scrambling down from the notch, it's a bit slick in places and you need to pick and choose the best way down. We saw some paragliders cruising the skies: A much better way to travel than surfing scree piles.

Car to summit: about 4:45

Gear Notes:

Small rack to 3 inches

Approach Notes:

Approach shoes are all you need. No boots, no axe, no crampons.

Edited by jpasteris

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some pics from the summit. I'll try to get them up soon. I should have taken some of you guys climbing and rapping. Would have been some good shots.

What route were you on? I remember doing the Cave Route last year, but I couldn't remember if that was to the right of where you were.