your worst nightmare

cj001f

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started smoking again.

I quit cold turkey 17 years ago. Had regular nightmares for several years where I'd wake in a cold sweat having dreamt that I had "just one." Still have the nightmares but maybe once a year or so. A good indication of how badly I was addicted I guess.

Yeah, man. It was 18 years in January for me. Cold Turkey is the only way to get it done.

Smoking is just nasty, nasty, nasty habit. If I am around smokers and it gets into my hair then it will trigger a nightmare all the same as you mentioned. Cold Sweat, and my hand is grinding into my thigh and I am grunting under my breath with my teeth clenched, ‘I AM NOT A SMOKER!” scary stuff.

I guess that is part of the definition of an addiction, you are never really over it….Once addicted always addicted, and you must quit anew every day.

I started smoking again.

I quit cold turkey 17 years ago. Had regular nightmares for several years where I'd wake in a cold sweat having dreamt that I had "just one." Still have the nightmares but maybe once a year or so. A good indication of how badly I was addicted I guess.

Yeah, man. It was 18 years in January for me. Cold Turkey is the only way to get it done.

Smoking is just nasty, nasty, nasty habit. If I am around smokers and it gets into my hair then it will trigger a nightmare all the same as you mentioned. Cold Sweat, and my hand is grinding into my thigh and I am grunting under my breath with my teeth clenched, ‘I AM NOT A SMOKER!” scary stuff.

I guess that is part of the definition of an addiction, you are never really over it….Once addicted always addicted, and you must quit anew every day.

I smoked tobacco daily from the ages of 14 to 21.

Sitting on the front step of a cheap apartment in Arcata, CA smoking a Camel straight after breakfast in the spring of 1983, I was suddenly over come by an intense disgust at what I was doing. I destroyed the rest of the pack and haven't smoked tobacco since.

Addiction, like so many other things, is relative.

Halle Berry turns into Aunt Jemima beneath me. Woke up screaming from that one.

When you drive South out of Zion, look at the Eagle Crags from Springdale. The largest spire looks like a headless Aunt Jemima.

If you'll give me your name I'll report it to the proper authorities when we land.

Jemima.

And I'm Uncle Ben.

I'm serious. That's really my name.

Jemima Brown. My mother was hooked on being ethnic.

Or else turned on by a pancake.