TNF Roadrunner 2 tent

Slide

Anyone have any experience with the Roadrunner 2 tent from The North Face? Seems like it is getting good reviews around the web. Also, could anyone recommend a good radar detector to use for my summer climbing trip around the west? I'm going all the way to bishop and then vegas and would like to drive REALLLLY fast all the way there!

[ 03-27-2002: Message edited by: Slide ]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a TNF roadrunner 2 through a deal, but would not buy it retail. The seams are not sealed and are a bitch to do by hand. The upper pole/canopy deal is awkward. Tent is spacious and relatively light, but the MEC Tarns are a much better deal. (make friends with someone at a TNF dealer -- the deals ALMOST make TNF gear worthwhile). wink.gif" border="0

Originally posted by Slide:[QB]Anyone have any experience with the Roadrunner 2 tent from The North Face? Seems like it is getting good reviews around the web. Also, could anyone recommend a good radar detector to use for my summer climbing trip around the west? QUOTE]

I used to work for the Face and am very familiar with the Roadrunner. It is actually seam-taped (every TNF tent since about 1997 is, unless it's perhaps a factory 2nd). Anyhow, it's great tent at a moderate to high price. Easy pitch, good ventilation. Probably do good for you on your roadtrip!Radar Detectors: 2 words.....BEL 980It will easily pay for itself in one road trip. You can find 'em on the web for under $200

Hope that helps.