$100 bucks for Slesse shuttle?

Here's the deal: my partner and I need to be shuttled from the end of the good road in Slesse Creek to the departure point in Nesakwatch Creek in order to do Slesse NE Buttress.

Our car ( a toyota prius) just doesn't have the clearance necessary fot the 2-car solution. We looked into the chopper ride with Highland heli, and #1 they can't guarantee a slot, #2 its $740 canadian and #3 the chopper ride just don't sit well with us if other options are available.

We're planning on early August.

So --

Are you local?

headed that way anyways and setting up your own shuttle?

want to meet geezers from the Old Climbers Home willing to swap tall tales over brew before the trip?

We're willing to negotiate on price including gas and beer.

pm me or e-mail at brutusofwyde

(at)

yahoo(dot)com

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you've got all the information you need by now, but.....

it's a pretty easy bike ride from the Slesse Creek side over to where you would park your car in Nesakwatch Creek. Maybe 10-12 miles total, first downhill on Slesse Creek Raod, then 5 or so miles along the Chilliwack River Road (slightly uphill) then a flat mile or so back to your car. Takes an hour-and-a-half.

You'll end up walking down a mile or so of the Slesse Creek Road to reach your bike, but you'll have to do that anyway if you park your Prius there.

Have fun.

dberdinka is right. Just bring a bike and leave that and some water at the base then drive over to the start of the trail head.

There is no need for a second car, just suck it up and bike back. We even dropped a tent in case we made it back really late the following day and didn't feel like getting the car that night. All I can say is the gatorade we left with the Bike was the best I ever had :)

Since there's still lots of snow up high, the Crossover descent might offer a nice glissade part way down until the thrashing starts.

Kevin M. told me that the last time he did Slesse they took shots of the Crossover descent from the buttress with a digicam, and it really helped on the way down by letting them figure out which way to go on the descent to link the patches of tall timber together and avoid the worst bush.

The Google Earth coverage is also really good. You can pretty much see the proper descent line on the images.