• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   11/10/22

Help keep cascadeclimbers.com going!  Please consider donating so we can keep this site going.   We have set expenses right now but no revenue.  We do hope to getting a sponsor to help out, but for now we just need funds to upgrade the site and pay for hosting and licensing. See the "DONATE" tab in the top menu.
Sign in to follow this  
crazy_t

Anyone have suggestions for skiing this weekend?

Has anyone who has been in the hills this week got a good idea or two for a good descent with the current conditions? Looking for 2-3 or so hour drive from Seattle, and a longer vertical/single run w/ up to 5000' or so ascent, car to car. It's been a long while since I've been out, so I appreciate the beta. Post here or PM me, Thanks!

i know some folks who are planning a little something on Adams. Not sure if this meets your requirements in terms of drive times and snow conditions but its a thought.

Thanks! Hoping for a little less car time though; I'll likely not overnight at a TH but just get up and drive early.

OK so our romp up and down the Sunshine route on Hood is probably more driving than you bargained for.

PM me since my climbing partner is coming down from Seattle.

-r

I think you are right, I sort of wish I was climnbing to ski now. This (Sat) afternoon looks to be the best weather.

However, ticking off July skiing on July 1 has some advantages...

July 4 looks warm and sunny.

-r

It does look good right now. Currently jonesing, but looking forward to doing something tomorrow.

last saturday & sunday were corn extravaganzas on the white river glacier. just watch out for the ski camp kids at the resort. they all have helmets.

Just skied the SW Chutes on Adams this past weekend and they are in perfect condition, but its melting out quickly. We had to stop skiing at about 7,300 feet.