Veggie Booty Call

Sherri

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered me some freeze dried grub, and it came in popcorn packing material. My friend Dave and I were complaining about all the wasteful styrofoam, until my wife Joanna entered the room and explained that the stuff was made of corn starch. It's essentially Veggie Booty without the spices. So Dave and I started munching on the packing material.

And, you know what?

It tasted like packing material.

i hear that the process of making that stuff pollutes more than the pollutedness of Styrofoam.

just like how the process of recycling paper uses up vast more amounts of nonrenewable resources (petroleum) and ruins the atmosphere than just cutting down a few more trees that will be replanted...probably in southern washington where the climbing and hiking isn't very good anyway.

oh and both recycled paper and corn starch foam reportedly eats babies and fetuses.

• 3 weeks later...
i hear that the process of making that stuff pollutes more than the pollutedness of Styrofoam.

just like how the process of recycling paper uses up vast more amounts of nonrenewable resources (petroleum) and ruins the atmosphere than just cutting down a few more trees that will be replanted

Sources, please. This has to be bullshit. I worked in a mill that used both recycled paper and raw wood to make pulp. I can assure you, it is much easier to reclaim the paper fibre from recycled paper than to create it from raw wood. Basically, add water to the paper,run it through a blender, filter it and voila! Compared to grinding a tree down into pulp, there is no contest.

I ordered me some freeze dried grub, and it came in popcorn packing material. My friend Dave and I were complaining about all the wasteful styrofoam, until my wife Joanna entered the room and explained that the stuff was made of corn starch. It's essentially Veggie Booty without the spices. So Dave and I started munching on the packing material.

And, you know what?

It tasted like packing material.

Are there any leftovers? :confused: