Big Beaver Crossing at Access Creek?

Toast

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the most recent report big beaver

The log we crossed last year was up much further than what He describes and past access creek. The bushwhack to get to it and find it sucked more than the 3 miles of shwhacking up access! We found the log no problem. It was awful low and close to the water though. I have a hard time believing it will still be there after the fall floods.

• 2 weeks later...
this is the most recent report big beaver

The log we crossed last year was up much further than what He describes and past access creek. The bushwhack to get to it and find it sucked more than the 3 miles of shwhacking up access! We found the log no problem. It was awful low and close to the water though. I have a hard time believing it will still be there after the fall floods.

This log jam is there as of July 4, 2007. From the trail, drop down just past the streams just north of Luna Camp. From the Access Creek side, there is a single half submerged log 10 or 20 minutes up stream. The log jam is a safer crossing.

If you find a red Suunto Vector lying around here, I'd appreciate it if you'd haul it back for me.

Last year we crossed just past Access Cr. and didn't find or need a log.

The water in the 3rd week in July was only about 12-18 inches

deep and there was a large sand bar in the middle to break it up.

I would however definitely bring poles and an old pair of tennis shoes or sandals for the rocks.

Also, if you cross to the south of Access creek earlier than the 3800 ft recommended by Nelson your bushwacking will be really miserable for a few hundred yards. We crossed higher on the way out and it was much less painful