Glacier NP scrambles

MonkeyClimber

Hey, I am going to be in GNP in August with the family and am looking for a few good peak scrambles. I will pick up the Edwards guide I saw in some of the other posts in this section but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Won't be bringing gear so class 4 or less is what it will have to be.

Edited by MonkeyClimber

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siyeh is killer, Rockwell is great, Rising Wolf and possible Flinch Peak combo is a burly day or day and a half, Jackson is a Classic climb up a pretty massive mt., If you want a quick one you could do squaw in like five or six hours that ones fun (watch out for grizz) if you want somemore ideas pm me. My buddies and I lived out there for a while so basically I know everything there ever was to know. That Edwards book is great and has good route descriptions, as well.

• 3 months later...

The listings on SummitPost are really good but by no means total. As Johnny Utah suggests, get Edward's book which has excellent beta on tons of summits as well as traverses (both peaks and other).

Stanton is an easy peak located right on Lake McDonald and it's pretty easily chained up with Vaught (and Heavens if you're into a haul). Otherwise the peaks up at Logan Pass are also very accessible. Enjoy!