rayborbon

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by rayborbon:
I picked up a couple of KBs saturday. I got the Camp ones. A couple of dollars cheaper than BD too. Also heard they are both made by the same company and are the same pitons. Another reason BD sux butt sometimes.

[ 03-19-2002: Message edited by: rayborbon ]

I suppose Petzl sucks as well since they sell the keylock biner at a significant mark-up from what Kong (the patent holder) sells them.

It pays to shop around. Good score Ray.

quote:

Originally posted by erik:
patent expired

It had not expired by the time Petzl manufactured them. And Lets be clear: Petzl licensed the design from Kong. Probably why they cost more from Petzl then Kong.

I imagine the expired patent has something to do with BDEL's entry into the keylock foray.

quote:

Originally posted by rbw1966:

It had not expired by the time Petzl manufactured them. And Lets be clear: Petzl licensed the design from Kong. Probably why they cost more from Petzl then Kong.

I imagine the expired patent has something to do with BDEL's entry into the keylock foray.

yup you are right there....bd had these things designed like years ago and like the day after it expired that shit was on the market.....

and i reccomend them too, if you pay retail they are like $1.50 cheaper then the spirits andhave all the same wieghts and strengh...... and i think a larger gate opening.....

Hahha I off loaded almost all of my camalots last fall too. Rack is lighter now! Erik I dont know why you thik their stuff is so great. Perhaps their marketing folks brainwashed you from reading too many mags? They sell you all those neutrinos because you bought their heavy ass camalots wink.gif" border="0 Heavier double axle means carry less cams + means run it out more. I still dont know why they stopped making the fins and slung heaxes. Dont even get me started on their other gear. To me it seems as if they are doing what othe companies have been doing for years. Finally they marketed their lightweight alpine axe after so long... Waiting for their aluminum crampons..

thats okay ray......i like to be slow and extra pumped due to my heavy rack.....makes all the beer more worth while!!!!

you are right though the mags have brain washed me senseless.....i now am no longer interested having fun until i have boughten one of everything they advertise.......

[ 03-19-2002: Message edited by: erik ]

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

yup you are right there....bd had these things designed like years ago and like the day after it expired that shit was on the market.....

and i reccomend them too, if you pay retail they are like $1.50 cheaper then the spirits andhave all the same wieghts and strengh...... and i think a larger gate opening.....

talking about expired patents.... I was working on a tooling project for Metolius several years back (98, 99" ?)when they were getting ready to release the "Curved Hex". Everthing was ready to roll... just waiting for the original Chouinard patent to run out

quote:

Originally posted by IceIceBaby:

Right, and Al Gore invented the internet
[Wazzup]grin.gif" border="0[Wazzup]grin.gif" border="0

ok, for climbing applications then cause they had used them for frou-frou yauchtie stuff for years. hard astern trim mains'ls to leeboard and all that.

[laf]