More Stokie from Cali

TeleRoss

Well, I've finished up my stay in the Valley. After Half Dome, we said good bye to the Valley and Steph and I moved up to Tuolumne.

SunsetOnHalfDome.jpg

We climbed a couple of routes, Lucky Streaks on Fairview Dome, a nice 6 pitch 10d.

RoadTrip2007_440.jpg

LuckyStreaks.jpg

Tuolumne.jpg

Then this awesome route, Oz on Drug Dome, a stellar 5 pitch 10d, which has a splitter corner pitch reminescent of the enduro corner on CBR.

Oz.jpg

StephStartingCorner.jpg

Then Eric rolled through and we made our way over to Bridgeport and the Twin Lakes area to hop on the High Sierra uber-classic Positive Vibrations on the Incredible Hulk (V 5.11). Pitch after pitch of absolutly beautiful splitters. Eric and I were both giddy pretty much with every move on this route...unreal!

IncredibleHulkCanyon.jpg

thehulk.jpg

ericp2.jpg

rosslovinit.jpg

ericp5.jpg

ericp6.jpg

ericp62.jpg

ericcrux.jpg

ericp7.jpg

rossp8.jpg

ericlovinp8.jpg

ericp8.jpg

couplahappyclimbers.jpg

After hiking out to the car, we drove into Lee Vining where I was supposed to meet up with Steph to move on to our next venue, but she had left messages on my phone talking about "car troubles" so Eric and I bivied out near Lee Vining for the night.

The next morning, Eric dropped me off at the Mobil Station, which we had been frequenting ever day since we met up, as they have these huge burgers and slices of chocolate cake....anyway, Eric dropped me off there with all of my gear to wait for Steph to show up. I didn't know when she would arrive, all I knew was that it would be sometime in the afternoon...hopefully. So I just pretty much set up shop.

casaperitore.jpg

Steph arrived a few hours later and we hit the road heading east for Lyons, Colorado.

We made it in about 15 or so hours arriving at Lizzy's house around 6 in the morning. Spent an awesome day in and around Lyons lounging at Lizzy's, tubing down the river, and just basically chilling out.

Yesterday, Steph went up into the park for an overnight backpack, and Lizzy and I went up to Lumpy for an afternoon of climbing and dodging thundershowers....good times!

Heading down to Eldo today, and then on Monday we're going to head up to the Diamond for Pervertial Sanctuary....STOKE!!!!

ps

Colorado is pretty rad...but the Cascades are WAYYYY Radder!!

:rawk::rawk:

peace

Ross

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Positive Vibes looks absolutely stellar, nice pics!

I was just down in the Valley the same time that you guys were. We were on the Nose for three days and then had to leave afterward. I am definitely envious of your trip so far b/c the weather up here sucks as usual :cry: Thanks for the stoak. Keep on sending!!!

right on Ross, thanks for the pics...and the CDs, invaluable for the long drive back! Pos Vibes = spectacular; 'unreal' does describe the high quality of climbing on the Hulk. highly recommend it as a worthy trip from the Valley, or from anywhere for that matter!

• 10 months later...