Mount Shuksan

mman

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone is interested, we got good views (photo below) of the Price glacier and NF from Ruth Mntn yesterday. Looks like lots of snow. Ruth itself had something like foot of fresh snow on the last 500ft (ie. circa 6700ft). Mostly unconsolidated with some wind slab. Firm snow lower down (5500) on North aspect in the morning. Turned to deep slush in mid-afternoon.

showphoto.php?photo=28683&limit=last1

Hey Hendershot, anyway you can check with your budy and see what the conditions were like on Shuksan? Tomorrow, Tuesday, I'm heading up the Fisher Chimney route and wondering how much snow in that section as well as snow or rock on the pyramid. Any help on info would be great.

Thanks!

Principal: we skied Sulphide & climbed the central gully to the summit on 07/05. Got to the pyramid at 7:45AM. One party in front of us from the chimneys. Snow in gully was quite soft already (and a bit sugary I thought). Two short sections of ice/rock (near the middle and then at the top). We roped up and placed a nut in the first section for running belay; same at top). Rest of couloir was good step-kicking. It's been very hot since then as you know, so I would expect much less snow by now.

Shuksan_-_Central_Couloir.JPG