Another Bush Flop

Weekend_Climberz

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You tell me when life begins?

...At implantation, IMO. "At conception" rules out birth control pills and the morning-after variant. While I think Bush is wrong on this, I can see he is simply trying to remain consistent - which is not really possible re this issue. I would point out that this "ban" only applies to federally fundedembryonic stem cell research. The private, for-profit business of research goes forward, and constitutes the vast majority of science here I believe. Should abortion be illegal? I honestly don't know, but I find the idea utterly disgusting, especially with all the birth control options available today. There's just no excuse or reason. And spare me "the condom broke" bullshit - we all know how that one goes. :noway:

Edited by Fairweather

Should abortion be illegal? I honestly don't know, but I find the idea utterly disgusting, especially with all the birth control options available today. There's just no excuse or reason. And spare me "the condom broke" bullshit - we all know how that one goes. :noway:

So - women should begin birth control at the moment they hit puberty, just on the off chance that if they get raped, they won't get pregnant from it, thus they won't have to carry a rapist's child to term? Neat moral argument.

You're such a tool Dru. You know you're talking .0XX% of pregnancies with the rape argument, but it's a convenient fall-back position for the "militant-choice" like you. Of course abortions should be allowed in case of rape - as they currently are under the on-demand policy. Besides, isn't this an American policy issue being discussed here? Frankly, anyone - right or left - who gets sucked into this embryonic stem cell debate is a useful idiot for one side or the other.

Eggs and sperm are alive before conception to AND they all have the potential to become a human being so all you wankers are mass murders too.

Shit! That means I sent about 200,000,000 potential Fairweathers spiraling to their deaths down the shower drain just this morning!

So by 'no excuse or argument' you actually qualify it with 'except for rape'. and probably similar cases. So then the argument really isn't about the sanctity of life at all. It's about the reproductive morals of the women?

Like, "Abortion is wrong 'cause you should have used birth control but you didn't."?

Thats a really interesting argument. It could be applied to a lot of things. Maybe we should throw out the bankruptcy laws too, you know, "You can't go bankrupt and write off your debts, because you made stupid business decisions and you should pay for that. Off to the workhouse!"

Eggs and sperm are alive before conception to AND they all have the potential to become a human being so all you wankers are mass murders too.

Shit! That means I sent about 200,000,000 potential Fairweathers spiraling to their deaths down the shower drain just this morning!

:lmao:

fucking shit, what about all the parents that have kids and neglect them. to take a life that really hasn't begun, vs fucking up the chance of a real life for a child i think i'd rather see people that dont want kids abort them, raTHER then neglect them. oh i guess they could put them up for adoption but then thier is no way of knowing if they'll end up in a better or worse situatuion. why dont you fuck tards that are so focused on saveing lives focus on the children that are born already.

fucking shit, what about all the parents that have kids and neglect them. to take a life that really hasn't begun, vs fucking up the chance of a real life for a child i think i'd rather see people that dont want kids abort them, raTHER then neglect them. oh i guess they could put them up for adoption but then thier is no way of knowing if they'll end up in a better or worse situatuion. why dont you fuck tards that are so focused on saveing lives focus on the children that are born already.

That's just fucking brilliant! I've NEVER heard that argument before! You're so original! :rolleyes:

That's just fucking brilliant! I've NEVER heard that argument before! You're so original! :rolleyes:

Not original, perhaps. Just right on the money.

Edited by Feck

of course the stick wicket is that there seem to be alot of people who survive their miserable parents and turn out to be wonderful, reasonably happy, well adjusted climbers :tup: (well some of those things are oxymoron's but you get the point :) )

Of course far be it from me to make that decision for anyone else.

i'm not a real woman or anything but i was kind of thinking the mother to be gets a few extra votes on this question. i mena if it was going on inside my body i'd want a big say in the matter.

You are a woman? That would explain a lot.

i'm not a real woman or anything but i was kind of thinking the mother to be gets a few extra votes on this question. i mena if it was going on inside my body i'd want a big say in the matter.

Basically thats it. It all about "me" and "my". That about sums up most reasons for abortion. That and the f'ng creapy guy who is pushing the woman to have it so he can escape from his financial responsibilities.