Another Bush Flop

Weekend_Climberz

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What defines us as humans is intelligence and that comes from developed brains. A human embryo does not have a brain and in that regard it is no different than the embryo of any other species of animal. After it has developed for 6 months it has a brain. That is when its humaness is realized.

The clerics arbitrarily declared that we become human the moment an egg is fertilized. Well, that doesn't cut it for me. There is no logic in it and no thought in it. It comes from some sentiment that copulation is some sort of sacred ritual which creates a soul. Bah!

So to you when a baby is born it can be killed and its okay becuase it can't think??? huh??? No sense.

So when a pregnant mother is murdered, the person who did it shouldn't be charged with the murder of the unborn becuase it can't think???

Just remember Shawk.....you are supporting this president for vetoing this bill……he also said

“Sometimes…..uh…uh…..money…….uh….uh …..Trumps peace”

George Bush….of the bush crime family

What a fucking nut case.

Just remember Shawk.....you are supporting this president for vetoing this bill……he also said

“Sometimes…..uh…uh…..money…….uh….uh …..Trumps peace”

George Bush….of the bush crime family

What a fucking nut case.

Just becuase your a flaming dem, don't sidestep the debate here. Talking about life.

He said "has a brain" not whether it can think.

If being able to think were a criteria, you would be a leading candidate for the new post-natal abortion.

So your telling me a baby in the womb doesn't have a brain? So life begins with the development of a brain. is that the criteria?

What defines us as humans is intelligence and that comes from developed brains. A human embryo does not have a brain and in that regard it is no different than the embryo of any other species of animal. After it has developed for 6 months it has a brain. That is when its humaness is realized.

The clerics arbitrarily declared that we become human the moment an egg is fertilized. Well, that doesn't cut it for me. There is no logic in it and no thought in it. It comes from some sentiment that copulation is some sort of sacred ritual which creates a soul. Bah!

So to you when a baby is born it can be killed and its okay becuase it can't think??? huh??? No sense.
No, knucklehead, not when it it born. A full term baby has a brain. That would be infanticide. You should be able to kill a fetus until 6 months gestation, but I feel to remove all doubt, it should be no later than 3 months gestation. An embryo is a no-brainer, you should be able to kill a days old embryo at will. And we do this ALL THE TIME!

So when a pregnant mother is murdered, the person who did it shouldn't be charged with the murder of the unborn becuase it can't think???
Again it depends on gestation. If the fetus is later than 3 months, I'd say the person should be charged.
Edited by catbirdseat

No, knucklehead, not when it it born. A full term baby has a brain. That would be infanticide. You should be able to kill a fetus until 6 months gestation, but I feel to remove all doubt, it should be no later than 3 months gestation. An embryo is a no-brainer, you should be able to kill a days old embryo at will. And we do this ALL THE TIME!

Again it depends on gestation. If the fetus is later than 3 months, I'd say the person should be charged.

Genetically is there any difference say betweeen a 3 month fetus and a 4 month fetus?

Side note - Brain waves can be detected at 42 days if you use this moral code.

Also since death is registared by heart beat. Heart can be heard at the 18th day in the womb.

Edited by Seahawks

Genetically is there any difference say betweeen a 3 month fetus and a 4 month fetus?

Side note - Brain waves can be detected at 42 days if you use this moral code.

WTF is a moral code? Can I find that in the bible?

And we are not talking about killing babies.....we are talking about using something that will be discarded for good. Why do you have a problem with that?

Genetically there is not, but that is not the point I'm trying to make is it? I'm saying development is what counts, not genetics.

you did not come from an embryo, you were an embryo. You did not come from a fetus, You were a fetus. You did not come from a baby, you were a baby. Therefore, a just conclusion is that our life, our humanness, our personhood, began at conception not development.

you did not come from an embryo, you were an embryo. You did not come from a fetus, You were a fetus. You did not come from a baby, you were a baby. Therefore, a just conclusion is that our life, our humanness, our personhood, began at conception not development.

Faulty reasoning, that's all. I "came from" a primitive primate on the African savannah, 10 million years ago. That doesn't mean I AM one. Edited by catbirdseat

Genetically there is not, but that is not the point I'm trying to make is it? I'm saying development is what counts, not genetics.

You obviously came from a mistake.

Like usual….you never answered my question…..I will ask it again…

1) If you had to choose between an embryo (that was scheduled to be thrown away the next day) that would help you’re dying mother from cancer.

2) Or you’re moral high ground that you should not kill a cell……mind you…..if you choose the moral high ground…..you’re own mother would die……

Which is it? Please do not answer a question with a question…….

1 or 2??????

hey seahawks, if you somehow knew an embryo was going to grow up and become an abortion doctor, would you support aborting it to save all the future embryos?

no, it would be murder.

Ew, I like hypothetical questions. If Seahawks was an abortion doctor, would he do us all a favor and abort himself so we don't have to listen to his drivel?

Faulty reasoning, that's all. I "came from" a primitive primate on the African savannah, 10 million years ago. That doesn't mean I AM one.

You say being a human comes from Development. This is Faulty. You are everything you are at conception. Every once of your genetic makeup is there. Before the egg is fertilized it is exactly the same as the mother. At conception it is totally different and life begins. It just convient to beleive these other thoughts to make it much more easy to kill 40 million babies. Hell we wouldn't want to feel guilty for murder. Thats way to harsh.

hey seahawks, if you somehow knew an embryo was going to grow up and become an abortion doctor, would you support aborting it to save all the future embryos?

no, it would be murder.

if you knew an islamofashist was planning a terrist attack, would you support launching a hellfire missle from a global hawk drone and killing the terrorist to save his intended victims?

If genetics is what defines us as human then all the protein-laden tissue paper in your bathroom and every skin cell that flakes off would qualify - hardly a convincing point.

Also since death is registared by heart beat. Heart can be heard at the 18th day in the womb.

Can't derive an ought from an is. Just because we define death as when the heart stops for legal purposes (which is not the only definition of death by the way) doesn't necessarily mean it should be that way.

You tell me when life begins?

Wait, what the fuck? I ask for your reasoning and what do you do? You turn the question around and expect me to provide an answer. Reading through the previous posts above all you're doing is trying to poke holes (not very convincingly) in other people's reasoning without providing your own.

I'll provide my reasoning and thoughts on when life begins as soon as you have the decency to provide your own - you do have some thoughts right? Common courtesy would be to at least try to answer someone else's question before asking a list of questions of your own. Otherwise you could just keep asking questions without ever answering any - wait, that is what you do.