Another Bush Flop

Weekend_Climberz

kk maybe its been used before but so has the hole cry me a river life begains at conception its not just abunch of cells... bla bla bla. i don't firmly belive in abortion, just the right of choice by the mother. and i think energy spent on this topic chould better be served else where, were it could actually make a diference in a child/persons life.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the good that could come from this research out weighs the bad. The possibility of saving your parents or my parents or your brother or sister or your best friend from dying of cancer or some other life treating disease out weighs the “right” for a cell

Yup. Maybe Bush and the rest of these conservative wackos against stem cell research should be diagnosed with cancer that "normal" chemotherapy and radiation treatments don't have any effect on. Then when they have a stem cell transplant as a last ditch effort and it saves their life, maybe they will feel differently about the subject.

I believe the good that could come from this research out weighs the bad. The possibility of saving your parents or my parents or your brother or sister or your best friend from dying of cancer or some other life treating disease out weighs the “right” for a cell

Yup. Maybe Bush and the rest of these conservative wackos against stem cell research should be diagnosed with cancer that "normal" chemotherapy and radiation treatments don't have any effect on. Then when they have a stem cell transplant as a last ditch effort and it saves their life, maybe they will feel differently about the subject.

yeah like cheney and lesbians. dream on.

i think a lot of this is not so much about personal convictions than it is political constituencies. which is also, pretty much, what polititians are paid to do - represent their voting base.

Edited by lI1|1!

hey seahawks, if you

if you knew an islamofashist was planning a terrist attack, would you support launching a hellfire missle from a global hawk drone and killing the terrorist to save his intended victims?

In Biblical terms, there is a difference between "killing" and "murder". The famous commandment, "Thou shall not kill", is better translated as "you shall not murder". The difference between the two is that while killing is the act of extinguishing a life, a murder is an "unjust death". In that context, one must decide whether killing a terrorist or a fetus is a "just death".

RE. abortion laws: it seems to me that they actually support some sort of special right to have irresponsible sex with no consequences.

Rabbi.jpg

And cost the next generation there mothers and brothers and sisters becuase your a selfish???? Guess I shouldn't be suprised. Everyone only worried about themselves instead of standing for whats right.

Edited by Seahawks

RE. abortion laws: it seems to me that they actually support some sort of special right to have irresponsible sex with no consequences.

Here's more fishy thinking. Why should sex have consequences?

According to something I read in the Economist last week, something like 500,000 women globally die every year from complications of illegal abortions. Women are demonstrably willing to have abortions whatever the legal status of the procedure. Why not then have it done legally, safely and hygenically?

So your telling me a baby in the womb doesn't have a brain? So life begins with the development of a brain. is that the criteria?

Smarter people than you have decided that NOT having lungs and NOT having a heart (along with hands feet etc etc, LIKE a less than 3 mo old fetus: determines only that it is only the POTENTIAL for life. NOT LIFE.

So if YOU don't want to have an abortion, use birth control, except that I suspect you oppose that as your God says you'll go to hell if you do use it.

But don't tell the rest of us normal people what we can do you...you...jackalope.

Nope, according to the real fanatics, you can break as many rules as you like your whole life, then repent and find Jesus 5 minutes before you die, and you go to Heaven.

Oh yeah....I forgot about that part. I am off to kill some babies. No worries....I will be forgiven later for it.

So your telling me a baby in the womb doesn't have a brain? So life begins with the development of a brain. is that the criteria?

Smarter people than you have decided that NOT having lungs and NOT having a heart (along with hands feet etc etc, LIKE a less than 3 mo old fetus: determines only that it is only the POTENTIAL for life. NOT LIFE.

So if YOU don't want to have an abortion, use birth control, except that I suspect you oppose that as your God says you'll go to hell if you do use it.

But don't tell the rest of us normal people what we can do you...you...jackalope.

Smarter people that you have figure out that a baby has a heart beat at 18th day not 3 months. Do little research next time. Also Brain waves can be detected at 42 days

Smarter people that you have figure out that a baby has a heart beat at 18th day not 3 months. Do little research next time. Also Brain waves can be detected at 42 days

I don’t care if you can detect a heartbeat at one day…..it is still not for you to tell me what I can and cannot do. Quit trying to push you’re agenda on me.

I don’t care if you can detect a heartbeat at one day…..it is still not for you to tell me what I can and cannot do. Quit trying to push you’re agenda on me.

Don't try to make it a simpler issue than it really is. It's very complex. Society and government can and do tell you want you can do.

dude....the government tells you all day long what you can and cannot do and I suspect you go along with most of it. How is Mr. Seahawk "pushing his agenda on you"?

I'll tell you something you can do: get off the dang computer for once...that way, you won't even have a notion that he's "pushing" anything on you.

Speaking of agendas, this is how it works in a "democracy": 51% of the people, or their elected representatives, set your "agenda" whether you like it or not.