Rolling Stone.....100 greatest guitarist

kevbone

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad list, as long as you add "in no particular order". I've seen a good number of these guys and the order is way off.

So, where's Steve Vai? Frank Zappa said he gave Vai all the stuff that was too hard for him to play and Zappa was no slouch! Also, we seem to be limited to one idiom - where's Django Reinhardt, Chet Atkins, or, for that matter, Segovia? They all played guitar, as I recall, and fairly well, probably better than, say, Johnny Ramone...

Oh and, yes, BB King should be on this list. He's a bit slower and more laid back now, and he IS in his 80s, but listen to his older stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
And damned loud too, saw Dinosaur Jr a few weeks ago in Olympia and I even had to put an earplug in the mostly deaf ear. :noway: Good show.

i saw them about a million and a half years ago in PDX. i am glad you enjoyed!!!!

Used to live near J in Massachusetts so I saw him play a lot, but most recently in Eugene with Mike Watt (Minutemen). They played a bunch of Stooges songs and my ears were ringing for days as usual.

Only shows close to Dino for loudness were Sonic Youth, and Jeff Beck two million years ago.

Saw J in the audience at a Richard Thompson show once, asked if they might jam and J said he was totally intimidated by RT.

Used to live near J in Massachusetts so I saw him play a lot, but most recently in Eugene with Mike Watt (Minutemen). They played a bunch of Stooges songs and my ears were ringing for days as usual.

Only shows close to Dino for loudness were Sonic Youth, and Jeff Beck two million years ago.

Saw J in the audience at a Richard Thompson show once, asked if they might jam and J said he was totally intimidated by RT.

are you in eugene? do i know you??? i was bummed i missed that show but i had the kiddos and my ex was a way huger fan than i was so i was stoked for him :)

• 2 weeks later...