Alpine Pack

jobe

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had mountainsmiths before and they always seem to have a few too many thingys and gadgets. I just found a marmot frontpoint at second bounce.I had to make some modifications, but now it has all the features i've wanted, I don't know about their new packs. [laf] I've heard really good things about McHale packs; but you need lots of $$$!

I'd have to recommend a Wild things Ice Sac.I've had mine for 5 years and the pack has seen at least 700 days in the field and it's only needed a couple minor repairs. I'm not easy on gear either, I tend to destroy stuff but the Ice Sac has held up well.

[ 03-09-2002: Message edited by: markws ]

If u looking for “strictly Alpine” on 35lb max “carrying power” (if you carry more then that on a climb u really need to evaluate the contents of the bag) I’ll recommend Cold Cold World Chernobyl this is a grate price too but if u looking to do more of trekking and backpacking (more weight)I’ll recommend Aether60Good luck to you it’s a hard decision [geek]smile.gif" border="0[geek]

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]

quote:

Originally posted by slothrop:
BD's 44 liter Ice Pack is on sale for 90 bucks through mail order only (not the website). Call them at 801.278.5533.

Be cool when you call them - they can be a bit of a pain if you don't have the sale flier in front of you. They also have the Stone Packs(33L & 40L) on sale, and the Shrikes ~100$ for the stright shafts.Carl