The Bellevue Rant Thread

mythosgrl

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant surf very well up here :)

pffftt.. Its only possible for non-pussies. Never met a single bellevue resident in the lineup for some reason.

nonpussies or not PNW surfers still suck, as do most of the waves in the PNW with the exception of Seaside point.

I'm not going to get into the whole hot or not thing. It is interesting that the area near my old High School (Sammamish) is no longer whitey central. There are a ton of Indian and Asian folks living there.

I spent a week not too long ago doing tree work at this apartment complex in the area. Sure there were white residents, but there were a lot of Asian and Indian folks there.

Part of the problem is too many people only view Bellevue in terms of what you can easily see at Bellevue Square.

I find bellevue to be very diverse (much more than 10 years ago at least) and I eat authentic tacos just as good as anywhere else.

and I also hold that PNW waves generally suck no matter what, or are at the least not worth all the effort to catch them good on the one day that all the fickle elements cooperate at a given spot.

any real surfer that finds themself living up here for one reason or another gets on a plane to go surfing. who cares who bobs in the water at westport or la push?

I live here and avoid bellevue square for all the same reasons that one avoids the mall in any suburban area.

that said, I am moving to Sedona.

I'm not going to get into the whole hot or not thing. It is interesting that the area near my old High School (Sammamish) is no longer whitey central. There are a ton of Indian and Asian folks living there.

I spent a week not too long ago doing tree work at this apartment complex in the area. Sure there were white residents, but there were a lot of Asian and Indian folks there.

Part of the problem is too many people only view Bellevue in terms of what you can easily see at Bellevue Square.

True on all points.

And I personally fail to see any substantive difference between Bellevue Square and Westlake Center.

you cant surf very well up here :)

pffftt.. Its only possible for non-pussies. Never met a single bellevue resident in the lineup for some reason.

....with the exception of Seaside point.

:lmao::lmao:

ehem, yes. I would highly recommend seaside for all of your surfing adventures. Seaside's the place to be alright :tup:

Ok, I just have to weigh in on this one - as a lifelong Bellevue resident, I've seen a lot of changes and, yes, Bellevue does suck in a great many ways. The traffic, the malls, the traffic, the megahomes gobbling up what was woods a few years back. Did I mention traffic?

Getting back to the original question of this - my worst Bellevue experience? That would have to be any day driving through any part of town and realizing how much worse it is than it was 10, 20, 30, ... years ago. Nothing nostalgic here, the changes are pretty sweeping and definitely not for the better.

However, as has been pointed out, this is hardly limited to Bellevue. The things that make Bellevue suck are all over the place. Unfortunately, if you get out of town and go look for a better place, you're just starting the same process all over again, somewhere else. It all comes down to too many people breeding too much and consuming too much. I know I have way more stuff than I need, more house, more money than time, and so on, but it is hard to break the habit.

Pretty cool that Feck went to Sammammish - hey when did you graduate?

Unfortunately, if you get out of town and go look for a better place, you're just starting the same process all over again, somewhere else.

Too true. I live in snohomish, and I can see the sprawl creeping up highway 9 like a spreading virus. I guess I'll just have to keep moving further and further out.

Know any nice places in Index, arch?

Pretty cool that Feck went to Sammammish - hey when did you graduate?

We smoke pot

Yes we do

We're the class of 82.

I'm sure there's more I should remember, but that's the first thing that came to mind.

On second thought there was the time in shop class where we learned that a balloon with an oxygen and acetylene mix blows up real good.

I am thinking of moving to Bellevue. I work here, plan to for a while, and am tired of driving an hour each way.

You can spit on me, but I would prefer if you give advice as to where a good spot to live is. I want a view of either water or mountains--it's worth the expense to me.

I am at 140th and 20th NE

I want to be w/i 10 min of work.

What are your suggestions?

One idea that might have some views with it is the Woodridge neighborhood. It's just east of 405 and south of the main part of Bellevue. Right there you aren't too far from the arboretum at Wilburton Hills and Kelsey Creek. I used to run cross country at K Creek when I was in Jr High and it's a historic farm that's somewhat maintained.

I'm sure there are other good spots too; that's just the first one that came to mind.

Of course if you want my undying respect you'll get a place in Eastgate. :tup: (views might be tough there though)*

* If you move to Eastgate I'll buy you breakfast at Lil Johns and tell you about stuff that I remember from the early 70s there; including the trouble we got into at that restaurant when I was a kid. If I come over late in the day we can go to LJ and I'll buy you a drink in the Pup Room.

Edited by Feck