The Bellevue Rant Thread

mythosgrl

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear nothing but denim, I refuse to go those yuppy bars....its only dusty dives with sawdust floors for me. I have a permanent dirt ring around my neck. Anyone driving a car past a 70s model is a yuppy fag. My dad was a coal miner. I only eat beans and rice for breakfast lunch and dinner. If it isn't Pabst Blue Ribbon, it isn't beer.

Interesting how mythosgirl tries to spark a conversation about suburban lifestyle and she gets attacked as if she has personally insulted somebody. “The suburbs lack soul” may not be a new idea, and perhaps mythosgirl is not going to be the next Jane Jacobs and shape American thought regarding urban planning for the next several decades, but just what is wrong with talking about how we want to live? Or don’t want to?

There's more and better taco vans in Seattle....there ain't shit in Bellevue.

And if you want real fried chicken you come to Seattle. Hell even Opra Winfrey gets fried chicken from Seattle sent to her via plane. Opra hasn't ordered shit via priority plane from Bellevue.

Wiki Link to Exell's Chicken

I guess I'm going to have to be a big backer of Renton, Lynnwood, and Woodenville too :tup:

Edited by AlpineK

and at least Bellevue isn't overrun with fuckin' homeless losers, nor smell of stale urine. And you can park in Bellevue without paying $20 a day. :ass:

No finer nor more accurate description of the Bellevue's cultural mindset has ever been written.

I worked in downtown Bellevue for a time. Despite the East Side's diligent efforts to transform the planetary surface into fractal landscape of intermittable traffic lights, econobox houses cowering behind their feaux Versaille entryways, cul de sac neighborhoods engineered to mimick the look and feel of a safe, warm, and comfortable lower colon, and TGI Fridays, I found pockets of resistant ethnicity that were quite refreshing. Downtown B-vue posts a fine Jewish deli, great Mexican joint, and a Turkish shoe repair shop, to name a few. Although Bellevue may be the blondest city in America, there are little brown people going about their everyday lives tucked in between the Bed, Bath, and Beyonds.

Bellevue also boasts some of the nicest breasts to be found anywhere outside of Hollywood. I'm not sure who the distributor is, but there are a whole lot of 55 year olds running around (OK, driving around) with the perkiest racks you've ever seen. I can remember standing in the lobby of the Bellevue Club listening to two middle aged women talk about the price of their breasts. This kind of openness just doesn't seem to happen in Seattle.

Bellevue is not a great place to become involved in a motor vehicle accident however; an unfortunately likely occurance as a high percentage of vehicles there are driven by women who can't see far enough over their new breasts to successfully pilot their battlestars through 19 lanes of traffic.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

and at least Bellevue isn't overrun with fuckin' homeless losers, nor smell of stale urine. And you can park in Bellevue without paying $20 a day. :ass:

No finer nor more accurate description of the Bellevue's cultural mindset has ever been written.

I worked in downtown Bellevue for a time. Despite the East Side's diligent efforts to transform the planetary surface into fractal landscape of intermittable traffic lights, econobox houses cowering behind their feaux Versaille entryways, cul de sac neighborhoods engineered to mimick the look and feel of a safe, warm, and comfortable lower colon, and TGI Fridays, I found pockets of resistant ethnicity that were quite refreshing. Downtown B-vue posts a fine Jewish deli, great Mexican joint, and a Turkish shoe repair shop, to name a few. Although Bellevue may be the blondest city in America, there are little brown people going about their everyday lives tucked in between the Bed, Bath, and Beyonds.

Bellevue also boasts some of the nicest breasts to be found anywhere outside of Hollywood. I'm not sure who the distributor is, but there are a whole lot of 55 year olds running around (OK, driving around) with the perkiest racks you've ever seen. I can remember standing in the lobby of the Bellevue Club listening to two middle aged women talk about the price of their breasts. This kind of openness just doesn't seem to happen in Seattle.

Bellevue is not a great place to become involved in a motor vehicle accident however; an unfortunately likely occurance as a high percentage of vehicles there are driven by women who can't see far over their new breasts to successfully pilot their battlestars through 19 lanes of traffic.

see? there are pros and cons to every place.

I don't own a pool, and drive a normal economy sedan. It's a 2000, and I'll drive it until it's totally destroyed. No new car for me every three years. Most of my money goes to normal living expenses, mortgage, taxes, and savings for retirement and college educations. So shove your stereotypes up your ass. Once you've worked for 15 years, and see that most people live like that and not some luxury life then we can talk. Of course, there are some who live as you suggest - and they are not just on the eastside. They stand out. The vast majority live modestly and work and pay their bills like everyone else. BTW, there are plenty of rich fucks in the Seattle-city limits. Take a look around the upscale neighborhoods. And don't neglect to notice all those fancy boutiques downtown.

The only thing that would be more depressive than living in Bellevue would be to not make enough coin to live in Bellevue with all the bling.

If you study math a lot you end up learning quite a bit of history.
:tup:

If you study climbing you'll likely learn at least a little:

Geology

Geography

Meteorology

Glaciology

Human Physiology

Physics

Logistics

Planning/Organization

Leadership

History

Natural History

Hydrology

I can't think of too many other pointless endeavors where so much peripheral knowledge is there for the taking.

Downtown B-vue posts a fine Jewish deli, great Mexican joint, and a Turkish shoe repair shop, to name a few....there are little brown people going about their everyday lives tucked in between the Bed, Bath, and Beyonds.
You realize these folks don't actually live in Bellevue. They're just there to graze on the crumbs left by da man....

Although Bellevue may be the blondest city in America,
Have you been to the Enumclaw QFC lately?

Bellevue is not a great place to become involved in a motor vehicle accident however; an unfortunately likely occurance as a high percentage of vehicles there are driven by women who can't see far enough over their new breasts to successfully pilot their battlestars through 19 lanes of traffic.

Breast obsessed? Nothing wrong with that, but virtually any natural breasts - large or small - are better than fake ones, IMO. Fake ones just don't bounce properly.

Another Bellevue vs. Seattle difference. Do an online web search of registered sex offenders living in the vicinity of a Bellevue address and then a Seattle address.

Big difference if you are raising kids.

That's the first thing I'd do if I was choosing a place to raise kids...right after checking to see that there wasn't a homeless shelter within a ten mile radius.