The Bellevue Rant Thread

mythosgrl

Sounds like you're a little angry and have been in Bellevue for too long

i'm just sick of snivelling, 19-year-old twats who think suburbia sucks because it doesn't appeal to their superficial, lame, narcissistic, single, partying lifestyle.

:fahq:

Hope you don't think that's why i hate it. I personally am sick of the SUVs, un-biker friendly roads, over consumption, shopping malls, gigantic houses, and people thinking that getting rich, where you go to college, and what job you land is all there is to life.

I've lived in Dallas...my wife's from the Bay Area....go spend a couple years in CA or Dallas, and then see if you still feel like complaining.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally am sick of the SUVs, un-biker friendly roads, over consumption, shopping malls, gigantic houses, and people thinking that getting rich, where you go to college, and what job you land is all there is to life.

Couldn't agree with you more. Bellevue is a snivveling aristocratic shithole devoid of human substance.

A friend of mine was riding his bicycle along 158th on Friday and stopped at a red light. A lady in a BMW next to him got out of her car and told him to "either get a car, or get off the road!"

She was probably late for her botox at the Pro Club.

I do live somewhere else- Bellingham. Well, at least i don't get run over or have fists shaken at me when i bike on the road here. Plus there are FAR FEWER SUVs here and practically no traffic. So yes on some of those things and no on the rest. I know that there is no perfect place to live, but I think Bellingham has many more environmentally minded and down-to-earth people. I like that... guess i just fit in better here and going back to Bellevue is a rude reminder that people can actually think that that kind of extravegant living is normal.

So let's see if I have this right: Mythosgirl grows up in Bellevue with all the benefits and privilege therein, can't get into the UW or SPU - so mommy and daddy send her to WWU, she readily adopts the pseudo-environmentalism of Bellingham and Huxley College, then, at age 23 or 24 she finally feels independent and angry enough to blast her Bellevue roots on a climbing web forum. Your parents must be proud.

So let's see if I have this right: Mythosgirl grows up in Bellevue with all the benefits and privilege therein, can't get into the UW or SPU - so mommy and daddy send her to WWU, she readily adopts the pseudo-environmentalism of Bellingham and Huxley College, then, at age 23 or 24 she finally feels independent and angry enough to blast her Bellevue roots on a climbing web forum. Your parents must be proud.

There's some prime middle-class male angst.

Nope... you got it wrong

Grew up lower-midde class in california/olympia

Could have gotten in to any university in Washington

Has never taken a class in Huxley College

Is not blasting bellevue roots, but is critique a lifestyle that seem to overly value cars/money/materialism

nice try!

See Logical Fallacies.. "Ad Hominem"

Nope... you got it wrong

Grew up lower-midde class in california/olympia

Could have gotten in to any university in Washington

Has never taken a class in Huxley College

Is not blasting bellevue roots, but is critique a lifestyle that seem to overly value cars/money/materialism

nice try!

See Logical Fallacies.. "Ad Hominem"

Blake - I dont think "lifestyle that seem to overly value cars/money/materialism" is a Bellevue phenomenon - more of a US phenomenon. It's quite common in every major urban area on the east/west coasts and throughout the south. Go to Dallas/Atlanta/LA/SF....as see what I mean.

20 bucks says KK owns an Outdoor Research Seattle Sombrero though he refers to it as his "Bellevue" Sombrero :grlaf: sickie :grlaf: sickie

Hell... I'll go double or nothing it matches his OR gaiters :laf: :laf: :grlaf::wazup:

Hey KK: does your wife have to remind you to take off your "Bellevue" Sombrero when you go to TGIFridays for dinner :ass:

BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :LMAO:BAWAHAHAHAHA :lmao:

There's some prime middle-class male angst.

:lmao:

Why do you hate America?

if your talking to me..

i dont but im sad to see that with all the opertunity here people still want to nickle and dime each other. alot of people here put money ahead of more important things in life, raiseing children right, the enviorment, food. and the list goes on.

so i may be a bit pesimistic somtimes about the current state of affairs, but thats only cause i know we could do so much better.