The Bellevue Rant Thread

mythosgrl

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why there are more hummers and giant SUVs in suburban bellevue than out in the sticks. I guess they were just marketed well to soccer moms and guys looking to "compensate".

Actually I think it's for the taxes. A lot of people that make bank also have business licenses, or their spouses do, so they can take advantage of the tax breaks. One of the tricks is to purchase a brand spankin' new vehicle every year, and you get a bigger break when it's in a heavier weight category. At least I think that's how it works or did work in '04 when I was buying a truck for my biz. If somebody knows more I'm open to a little ehjukatin'.

Trust me, darling, you don't hate Bellevue as much as the rest of this state hates Seattle.

When's the loathing going to stop you taking their money? Oh, nevermind, that's not the way it works.

Bellvue and the rest of the suburban slums would never exist without a CITY. Without a city you wouldn't have an ECONOMY. Without an economy you might as well have Communism

Every so often I go home to Bellevue to visit my parents and every time I hate that place more. What are some of your worst experiences you've had in Bellevue?

Hey Mythos, I don't have any single worst experience, just a whole slew of SUV driving-teenage-rich f*** wanker loser-stuck up asshole, stories. Serisouly, every time I go down 405 and see these jackbutts driving their $60,000 fancy shmancy peices of crap, I think to myself "because of you, asshole, my F****ing playground is MELTING!"

I try not to be too bitter though; it only hurts ME. Not them.

Thanks for the spray. Hey, are you down south right now? I am.......... :moondance:

Hey Mythos, I don't have any single worst experience, just a whole slew of SUV driving-teenage-rich f*** wanker loser-stuck up asshole, stories. Serisouly, every time I go down 405 and see these jackbutts driving their $60,000 fancy shmancy peices of crap, I think to myself "because of you, asshole, my F****ing playground is MELTING!"

Actually, it annoys me pretty badly too. And I really don't care for the wealth-arrogance that permeates the east side. But I'm curious; what do you drive? And do you cast the same condemnation on climbers that arrive at the trail head in an old Landcruiser or 4-Runner? Is it a "needs-based" disdain? And if so, are the needs of said climbers any more valid than those of a suburban mom who occasionally uses the SUV to take the kids and their teammates to practice??

Bellvue and the rest of the suburban slums would never exist without a CITY.

Bellevue's not a city?

Not an independent one, no. It's a subsection of the Seattle megapolis.

But that's not what you said. How about Tacoma and Everett? Do they too suck the Seattle teat?

20 bucks says KK owns an Outdoor Research Seattle Sombrero though he refers to it as his "Bellevue" Sombrero :grlaf: sickie :grlaf: sickie

Hell... I'll go double or nothing it matches his OR gaiters :laf: :laf: :grlaf::wazup:

Hey KK: does your wife have to remind you to take off your "Bellevue" Sombrero when you go to TGIFridays for dinner :ass:

Actually, it annoys me pretty badly too. And I really don't care for the wealth-arrogance that permeates the east side. But I'm curious; what do you drive? And do you cast the same condemnation on climbers that arrive at the trail head in an old Landcruiser or 4-Runner? Is it a "needs-based" disdain? And if so, are the needs of said climbers any more valid than those of a suburban mom who occasionally uses the SUV to take the kids and their teammates to practice??

I drive a 1989 Toyota 4-cylinder EFI, 4x4 pickup. Not exactly sure, but it gets mid-twenties gas mileage on the highway - not fantastic, I know.

The answer to your question: NO. I do not disdain climbers who use their vehicles out of a NEED basis. Personally, I'm one of them. When at home in Bellingham, I usually ride a bike, walk, use my buddies homebuilt moped (that pulls 120 mpg) use the bus, and use my truck for bigger things - like climbing, or grocery shopping. Simply put, I fill up my truck about once per month with 16 gallons. Whereas there are people driving H2's in Bellevue that fill the fucking thing up every other day, with 40 gallons of gasoline! What I was trying to implying with my post was that far TOO MANY people are utterly UNCONCIOUS about how much crap they are plugging out every day. And it seems to be more prevelant on the east side (the unconcious thing).

If I could afford it, and they were actually offered [!!!!] I would buy an electric car. Sustainable design and environmentally sound transportation are sort of my major side passion. Thats a entirely new and very long discussion however.....

I drive a 1989 Toyota 4-cylinder EFI, 4x4 pickup. Not exactly sure, but it gets mid-twenties gas mileage on the highway - not fantastic, I know.

The answer to your question: NO. I do not disdain climbers who use their vehicles out of a NEED basis. Personally, I'm one of them. When at home in Bellingham, I usually ride a bike, walk, use my buddies homebuilt moped (that pulls 120 mpg) use the bus, and use my truck for bigger things - like climbing, or grocery shopping. Simply put, I fill up my truck about once per month with 16 gallons. Whereas there are people driving H2's in Bellevue that fill the fucking thing up every other day, with 40 gallons of gasoline! What I was trying to implying with my post was that far TOO MANY people are utterly UNCONCIOUS about how much crap they are plugging out every day. And it seems to be more prevelant on the east side (the unconcious thing).

If I could afford it, and they were actually offered [!!!!] I would buy an electric car. Sustainable design and environmentally sound transportation are sort of my major side passion. Thats a entirely new and very long discussion however.....

So as long as the climber who "needs" his SUV is conscious (feels guilty?) about his consumption all is well? But the soccer mom is obviously too dumb to understand and condemned outright??

And where, do you suppose, the electricity for your dream car would come from?

Sounds like you're a little angry and have been in Bellevue for too long

i'm just sick of snivelling, 19-year-old twats who think suburbia sucks because it doesn't appeal to their superficial, lame, narcissistic, single, partying lifestyle.

:fahq:

Hope you don't think that's why i hate it. I personally am sick of the SUVs, un-biker friendly roads, over consumption, shopping malls, gigantic houses, and people thinking that getting rich, where you go to college, and what job you land is all there is to life.

I do live somewhere else- Bellingham. Well, at least i don't get run over or have fists shaken at me when i bike on the road here. Plus there are FAR FEWER SUVs here and practically no traffic. So yes on some of those things and no on the rest. I know that there is no perfect place to live, but I think Bellingham has many more environmentally minded and down-to-earth people. I like that... guess i just fit in better here and going back to Bellevue is a rude reminder that people can actually think that that kind of extravegant living is normal.

Edited by mythosgrl

not really obiously you've missed all the construction around here. here in bellingham people like to play the im doing good for the enviorment card alot but very few people actually contribute to the solution in a signifagant way. its more than simple riding a bike every now and again, and buying organic food. athough it is a step to the right place, its mearly a baby step.

Yup. It's amazing how many people equate owning a sedan instead of an SUV or truck with the apex of eco-piousness. Living in a single-family home instead of an apartment is, if anything, at least as "selfish and wasteful" as driving a vehicle with a powerful engine* - but I don't see to many folks agonizing over the poorly insulated resource pit that is their 90 year old-POS craftsman in Ballard.

*Subaru outback = 17/city, 23/highway per the EPA. Toyota 4-Runner, 16-city/20-highway. This kind of marginal difference hardly constitutes anything even remotely resembling a "sacrifice," let alone the kind of action that could even come close to justifying the onslaught of eco-hero onanism. This is before even taking driving habits and commuting distances into account.

The other thing worth mentioning is that choosing a certain lifestyle out of conviction is one thing, living that way because you can't afford to do anything else and have no choice in the matter is quite another.

damn people. this is just friggin funny. as far as i'm concerned seattle and bellevue both suck...so i don't live there. i love all the bellevue v. seattle hate going on. so you hate all the SUV driving-lyposucked-botoxed-higheel wearing-$600 sweater buying-mall frequenting-overly made up-antigravity tit buying -bellevue barbies (soon to be soccer moms) .... don't live the lifestyle. shit. STFU! i'm sure they hate the self righteous, presumptious, we're better than you b/c we don't live there crew from everywhere else. WTH people...so much hate.

the rest of the country doesn't have a clue we exist. once while having a discussion with a highly educated individual on the east coat i heard "seattle? isn't that out by Iowa somewhere?" sadly, he wasn't kidding. Bellevue? isn't tht a hospital in NYC? Tacoma? isn't that a truck? Mt Rainier? That's in AK or OR or something isn't it? Washington? those fucking politicians can't get anything right. all these places are just the tiniest pimples on the ass of the world.