To the fathers......

kevbone

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, Anastasia, what with the name of the thread being "To the fathers", I suppose that might tend to dissuade you and other Mountain Goddesses from participation in this thread. :)

But to an even greater extent, the SausageFactor of this entire board tends to scare most females away rather quickly... :blush:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I played a round of disk golf yesterday with my wife and two children. That was way cool and allot of fun. What a great way to spend the day with your family.

I hiked up Mt Si with my 10-year old on Sat. He was fueled for the 3300 foot gain over 4 miles with donuts and motivated for the descent by the promise of pizza. :tup:

mmmmm......pizza! :tup:

i got a 3 year old to the top of beacon rock once on the promise a death-ray was located up there :)
What did you tell him/her when you got to the top and were totally busted, cuz there weren't no death-ray there? :)

How do you know? Have you been to the top of Beacon Rock? ;)

i got a 3 year old to the top of beacon rock once on the promise a death-ray was located up there :)
What did you tell him/her when you got to the top and were totally busted, cuz there weren't no death-ray there? :)

indeed - anyone who has will note the wrought iron foundation of said deathray - i explained to my son that it must have been ripped out by an equally impressive suction-bomb, which could only have been the foul work of the vulcan-klingon alliance.

Don't be stoopid, kev. Who here hasn't??

I thought that was great! Teach that little whelp a valuable life lesson now, while she's still young enough to learn something. Yes, there may be more distance placed betwixt the two for the present, but if she ever pulls her head out of her ass and grows up, she will look back on this as a turning point towards a brighter future for herself.

I know that's how it worked for me, although I didn't have a laptop or FB when I experienced a similar episode of this version of tough love. I ended up living in a tent in the woods and eating canned food and working on the line in a textile mill (that would have eventually killed me if I had made a career out of it - I have several scars to prove it) for 6 months as the upshot of my impudence. And I turned out so much the better for it.

I remember thinking how much of an asshole my dad was when I was 18. But by the time I turned 23, I remember telling him, "You know, Dad, every year that I get older, you get smarter." He said nothing, and just nodded his head knowingly... :)

Oh, it's in there. Trust me on that... Propz to the old man. Now it's a question of rather or not the whelp wises up.

RuMR and I have had this conversation with you many times in the past, kev. You need to beat your kidz more. At least once a week, whether they need it or not, just for general purposes... :)

Oh, it's in there. Trust me on that... Propz to the old man. Now it's a question of rather or not the whelp wises up.

RuMR and I have had this conversation with you many times in the past, kev. You need to beat your kidz more. At least once a week, whether they need it or not, just for general purposes... :)

:tdown: