To the fathers......

kevbone

My kids this past Christmas at Dad's spartan apartment. I get my house back this weekend.

Note the red Beckey in the background of pic #2. :)

Nick_Elaina_Christmas2009-2.jpg

Nick_Elaina_Christmas2009-3.jpg

very cute kids you have, sobo! btw, you were right - the sex and the city was worth it :lmao: oh yeah, if you can find it up there try the full sail slipknot - heaven in a bottle if you like ipa! :brew: here's to the good things in life!

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup, great looking kids Paul.

They are always cute at that age, then they grow up LOL! My son finally took up climbing when he went off to college, he's home on summer vacation. Mom put him to work shoveling bark dust around the house and I did the same cleaning new lines. Here he is cleaning a new route we did that he named Runaway Weasel!

Resized_Shaun_trundling.jpg

The slab around the corner he's thinking will be named "Prancing Unicorn".....

When my buddies went to Yosemite, one rainy day they sat around the fire talking all the route names that could start with "Coe". A couple were disappointed that this one wasn't tagged "Coedependant". LOL

• 1 month later...
I took my boys camping last weekend to Lake Cushman. We dayhiked Mt. Ellinor from the upper TH. A couple of pics:

1912.JPG

195.JPG

Sweet. We are about 5 years behind you. Cant wait to take my two little ones on a more serious hike. They hiked the "grove of the patriarchs" this last weekend while camping at Mt. Rainier......very cool.

I took my boys camping last weekend to Lake Cushman. We dayhiked Mt. Ellinor from the upper TH. A couple of pics:

1912.JPG

195.JPG

Sweet. We are about 5 years behind you. Cant wait to take my two little ones on a more serious hike. They hiked the "grove of the patriarchs" this last weekend while camping at Mt. Rainier......very cool.

By age 4 or 5 they can do stuff like Little Si, Rattlesnake Ledge, or even Lake 22. Start 'em young - bring snacks and drinks and they can do more than you'd think!

I took my boys camping last weekend to Lake Cushman. We dayhiked Mt. Ellinor from the upper TH.
By age 4 or 5 they can do stuff like Little Si, Rattlesnake Ledge, or even Lake 22. Start 'em young - bring snacks and drinks and they can do more than you'd think!
Stephen's got it right. When my boy was 4, we took him on a hike up to Blue Lake near MSH. Two+ miles and 1700 VF of gain, and that little whippersnapper hiked every bit of it w/o so much as one complaint. Enjoyed the hell out of himself. Like the man said, snax and drinks and they can go almost forever.

Here's the little blighter on his way up the trail:

Nick_at_Blue_Lake_08-2006.jpg

Edited by sobo

I took my boys camping last weekend to Lake Cushman. We dayhiked Mt. Ellinor from the upper TH.
Stephen's got it right. When my boy was 4, we took him on a hike up to Blue Lake near MSH. Two+ miles and 1700 VF of gain, and that little whippersnapper hiked every bit of it w/o so much as one complaint. Enjoyed the hell out of himself. Like the man said, snax and drinks and they can go almost forever.

Also, for boys at least, it seems to be endlessly amusing to be allowed to pee outside. And when you come to a lake, let them throw rocks into it for awhile. That is usually the high light of these hikes for them. :-)

Both of my kids actually enjoyed trying to catch tadpoles more than throwing in rocks.

Here Elaina is deciding that tadpole catching is better than throwing rocks. Nick is already into it. :)

Nick_Elaina_at_Blue_Lake_08-2006.jpg

And my son has taken to peeing in the back yard as a result of this trip. But at least he asks before he heads out the door. :)

Edited by sobo

And my son has taken to peeing in the back yard as a result of this trip. But at least he asks before he heads out the door. :)

Ditto. I have many conversations like this w my 3 yo son now:

Boy: Daddy, I have to peeeeeee!

Me: Ok, lets go to the bathroom

Boy: No, I want to pee outsiiiiiiiiide!!

Me: Ok, lets go to the back yard

Ditto. I have many conversations like this w my 3 yo son now:

Boy: Daddy, I have to peeeeeee!

Me: Ok, lets go to the bathroom

Boy: No, I want to pee outsiiiiiiiiide!!

Me: Ok, lets go to the back yard

:tup: