• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   11/10/22

Help keep cascadeclimbers.com going!  Please consider donating so we can keep this site going.   We have set expenses right now but no revenue.  We do hope to getting a sponsor to help out, but for now we just need funds to upgrade the site and pay for hosting and licensing. See the "DONATE" tab in the top menu.
Sign in to follow this  
dinomyte

Mt Stuart South Approach question

I've seen some folks approach Cascadian via Beverly TH and some via Esmeralda TH.

Can anyone give me a comparison in terms of distance, gain/loss, etc.?

I'd never turn down a route drawn on a topo, either, but I have the one from Beverly on Alpineslider.

Since nobody on here actually admits to climbing that route without skis, research has been tough!

Approach via Esmerelda is flat, but long. Like 12 miles long, if I remember correctly. You pretty much hang a right off the trail, go up a meadow (I'm sure there is a trail) and into the Cool-r.

Long's Pass is sucky, but it's much shorter than Esmerelda. I've heard of people making the long trip along Esmerelda easier with bikes, but I don't think that is legal.

I don't think the Asscadian Cool-r needs a topo. The picture in the Becky Guide will get you in the correct choss gulley, follow it to the shoulder, then take the easiest scramble to the top.

I too am confused by this "beta". Go over longs... its shorter and drops you near the base of the crapcadian. A hike up beverly would be longer with less people...but you still go over a "pass". This would be the way in winter on skis.

Maybe I'm confused. What TH do you use to go over Long's? And, how do you get to that TH?

I thought that the route over Long's actually started at Esmeralda.

I think F4 is confused and is probably thinking of the Ingalls Crk Thd.

The Esmerelda Thd is the one you want for Longs Pass and the Cas Col.

I don't know where the Beverly Thd is.