Petzl ripping us off in broad day light

IceIceBaby

I have got to admit it Charlet Moser M-10 is the sweetest crampon I ever had but

Can you believe those fvckers at petzl $80 for the M10 front points compare this to $15 for the bionic. just now they tell us. the M-10 is sweet crampon but after seen this I really consider selling the fvckers and getting the Bionic

mad.gif" border="0

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much left at the Daks everything is falling and the warm temperature are creeping in today it was in the lower 60 shocked.gif" border="0 however the Gunk’s looking more and more attractive these days grin.gif" border="0 by the way did you hear about the fatality on PT at Poko-Moon-Shine? frown.gif" border="0

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]

Ok ok okI have done the footwork in regard to the M-10 kit and here it is 51 Euro and 10.08 euro for shipping for a total 61.08 euro that translate to $52.85 total including shipping you can order through fax email or phone. delivery time is 10 business days To your door step Snell sports104 rue paccard74400 Chamonixtel +33 450530217 fax +33 450534240 snell@cham3s.com That translates to $27.14 in saving from the $80 Petzl "suggested retail price" buying it anywhere in the US. On top of this, you will have to add the shipping in the USA to the total… rolleyes.gif" border="0 So here you have it wink.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0[Moon]

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]

i think the problem is american distributor of charlet stuff cause here in canada charlet is copnsistently cheaper than bd..... at least at MEC it is smile.gif" border="0

i got charlet everythings except screws. i wish dey would make em with real cranks instead of the silly turbine.

The problem may not necessarily be the Yank distributor. Generally speaking, Euro-made goods are less expensive in Canada than in the US due to the higher tariffs paid in the US. Of course the goods should be even less expensive for most countries in Europe at shops like Barrabes except for that shipping cost. A Spokane friend recently received from Switzerland an ice tool and paid $25 shipping, hopefully that is more than what you would get the front points from Chamonix for. I try to compare US-sold Euro gear to prices from MEC, Monod's or Mountain Magic in Banff, and Kootenay Experience or Sno-Pack in Nelson. When north of the border, I can usually find better deals in person than what is online. With the exchange rate during the Christmas holidays, I noticed many Mountain Hardwear and Marmot current-year clothing items were less expensive in Banff than in the US. Don't know what the problem is with the expensive Moser M-10 front points, maybe the distributor or someone currently working in Outdoor Retail can enlighten further.

Cheers! grin.gif" border="0

confused.gif" border="0 I wasn't saying Euros pay less than Yanks for Barrabes gear, if I understand you right Maurice. My point had to do with the greater tariffs we end up paying in the US for Euro-made goods, which from the manufacturing or distributing end commonly drives up the retail price higher in the US compared to Canada and Europe.

It's good you mention the subject of VAT, which is as you mention country-specific. This brings up the whole other subject of taxes and duties we pay on the retail side of things, something I was reluctant to bring up myself.