Climbing on Pend Oreille lake

schnitzem

That'd be granite point, out across the lake from Talache. You need a good boat (4-5 foot waves not uncommon out there, next point from granite is aptly named windy point) since the feds decided to rake up the high drive for "caribou habitat protection". Mostly single pitch stuff, lots of loose rock, doesn't see much traffic from what I can tell, would be really good if it cleaned up, there's a super classic crack I can't remember the name of worth doing.

Around the corner in the Green Monarchs there is 8-10 pitch potential on quartzite ridges, I think the right side (slabby) would be uber easy, like 5.2 hiking and the left side (super steep) would need to be bolt protected and probably in the 5.13 range. I'm sure you could find something in between, possibly right on the arete.

The fact that I'm sharing this info signals the end of my era as an intrepid first ascentionist.

• Like 1

Thanks! Invaluable information...I may finally get out there this summer.

Now, does anybody have a copy of R. Green's book they want to sell me? I had a copy back in the day, but a "friend" left it in the bottom of their boat and ruined it.

I don't have a copy anymore either but Thad's new guidebook to North Idaho is supposedly hitting the shelves end of June, looked for a link but couldn't find one, I'll look in the magazine article (non-climbing rag) I read and post up any info on it.

F'n guidebooks, routes are going to go from completely empty to seeing a few climbers a month....how will I cope?

Now, does anybody have a copy of R. Green's book they want to sell me? I had a copy back in the day, but a "friend" left it in the bottom of their boat and ruined it.

This one?

201idaho_rock.jpg

I've been "bribed" into making copies of it for friends on this site. Whaddarya offerin'?? :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew:

Marty, I would have plugged your book here but since your website only has seven really cool photo's on it, and no link to your guide.....

Here's Thad's gig....

http://www.sandpointonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=159&osCsid=53b21731bbd5e46656327dbf1205ffa7

supposedly he unleashes some previously insider only info, might explain his relocation to Bend?