• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Caveman

Integral Designs bivy sack (unishelter)

I just saw this bivy sack in PMS lat friday. It is the same material as the Bibler and nearly same design. I have owned the Bibler before.. It is just as good for me! and nearly 100$ less. Just thought I would mention it. I know which one I am getting since I sold my old one last summer.

Integral Designs - 235$ Regular http://www.promountainsports.com/bivy-id-unishelter.shtml

Bibler - Tripod STD - 325$ Regularhttp://www.biblertents.com/text/tenttx/tripodtest.html

CaveMan-

Whats really cool about this one is its a little wider than the standard OR and Bibler Models. So you can roll around and look at the stars after 420...... [big Drink]

Cavey-

If you buy direct from Integral, you pay the same but avoid all the taxes (there's shipping charges, of course, too but still less than what tax would be). And they have great customer service.

I have used this ID bivy sack for the last few years and it has treated me very well. I stopped using the pole as it doesn't pack that well and doesn't stay up (not usually a problem I have). It will not fit two. rolleyes.gif" border="0

I have used this ID bivy sack for the last few years and it has treated me very well. I stopped using the pole as it doesn't pack that well and doesn't stay up (not usually a problem I have). It will not fit two. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Cool. I got their Chrysallis bivy last fall. The design works better for my sleeping habits - I'm a stomach sleeper, so I need ventilation by my face not on the back of my head. Best bivy I've owned (have tried 3 others).

Beta on the Bibler tripod suggests they pole/bivy connections are NOT that burly, also prone to blow out. If anyone's tried to set one up, the mothers' are TIGHT- I was worried I was going to blow out the corners on the floor model- I went with the bigwall by Bibler and have found the hoop provides plenty enough room to eat, drink and read in there, the long model is 6'10" or something like that and broad at the bottom- plenty or room to store gear boots etc.

Nice Beck I had a Bibler. It was great. But now I think I have a cadillac of bivys for a nissan price. The pole insertion appears to be of good design. If it fails me I will definitely mention it. However I doubt it. Much more room getting in and out of this one than the big wall or hooped Bibler. Large area to eat in overhead and read when mosquitoes are chasing you.

Caveman--

After almost a year of use do you still love your Integral Designs Unishelter bivy sack? I'm thinking of getting one...

i found one about a week ago at second ascent for $185 . . . cheaper than the prices quoted at the start of this thread. they had another that's probably still there.

Matt - I've talked with Cavey and Highlander about their Unishelters and it has convinced me to put it on my list.

I might be interested in the Unishelter also, but will it fit my girl and me both? Don't' want to get cold out there.