Anker does like Mallory

ZimZam

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if an idiot calls you an idiot, is that an ultra-insult or could it be considered a confirmation of worthiness, in a double-negative sort of way?

I dont know....I am too much of an idiot to understand what your question is?

Uh....Yes?

You gotta give Houlding serious credit for his (rock) climbing style- always pulls his ropes, and climbs every day from the ground up, etc. Has he done any other high altitude trips?

Edited by korup

They ran some tests based on fabric samples recovered from Mallory's body, and found the clothing he was wearing at the time (some combination of heavy cotton, silk(?) and gabardine) was actually better suited to high altitude conditions than all the fancy space-age synthetic stuff we use today. In the lab, it was found to be warmer, lighter, more breathable, and allowed greater mobility. Conrad probably saw that as a challenge to try the stuff in real-world conditions. I think it's a cool experiment, and will be interested to see how it all performs.

I'm not so sure about the home-made oxygen apparatus, though.

They ran some tests based on fabric samples recovered from Mallory's body, and found the clothing he was wearing at the time (some combination of heavy cotton, silk(?) and gabardine) was actually better suited to high altitude conditions than all the fancy space-age synthetic stuff we use today. In the lab, it was found to be warmer, lighter, more breathable, and allowed greater mobility. Conrad probably saw that as a challenge to try the stuff in real-world conditions. I think it's a cool experiment, and will be interested to see how it all performs.

I'm not so sure about the home-made oxygen apparatus, though.

pffffffff how many windshirts have you sold, buddy?

pffffffff how many windshirts have you sold, buddy?

None lately, actually. We sold a few when I first opened 8 years ago, but they never really did all that well, so I eventually stopped carrying them. I've got a few of the Mountain Hardwear versions here now, but they don't attract much attention.

Wool, on the other hand, has been a reliable best-seller for about the last 4 or 5 years. Now, if I can just convince Icebreaker to make a merino-based gabardine jacket...