Crossing into Canada with a dog

sprocket

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I go back and forth every week, usually with my dog... and have never been asked to show any papers. (but yeah, your'e supposed to have the rabies stuff) The only thing they've ever been concerned with is if I'm bringing dog food into the states. Not sure if it works the other way but you probably should play it safe and not bring dog food. I had to spend 45 minutes with Bertha from Agriculture when I was busted with 2 cups of dog food by the Americans.

I recently discovered that leaving a ziplock bag of spent ammo on the back seat by accident pretty much takes their mind of anything else you might have in the car ;)

Leave your dog at HOME! Was up there this past weekend and there were way too many dogs wandering around off-leash crapping all over the place (with the owners not picking up droppings) and walking on people's ropes. If owners can not be responsible, which seems to be more and more the norm now days, then leave them at home. There are just too many dumb ass dog owners out there.

Woo hoo, I love it, canadug. Thanks for saying it. That goes for all popular crags, not just Squish. It's a very annoying distraction to hear a whining, yapping dog stuck down at the base while you're trying to figure out some hard move at your limits. I don't see how dog owners can do it if they know this.

A lot of dog owners do it be they are self-centered DUMB-ASSES!

Any time you go to a city park, the beach or even walking on a sidewalk you see dogs not on a leash and piles of dog shit everywhere.

The other day I was walking on a sidewalk with my little girl and we stopped as an off leash dog took a dump ten feet ahead of us on our walk.....guess what the owner did? JACK ALL. Just left a steaming pile of shit on the sidewalk. We caught up to him and I politely(as my little one was there) asked him to go clean up his dog's poop...He said no..I then started dialing the cops on my cell phone and told him he had three seconds before the call went through. He then went and picked up the poop. The police here are pretty Nazified which can be good and bad...good to fine dumb-asses like this. Now these are the dumb-asses I am talking about.

I have been up to Washington Pass, Back of the lake at Lake Louise and many other climbing areas where dogs were loose running around whining and shitting everywhere. I don't hate dogs..I had them growing up but we were respectful and considerate of others but it seems for the most part those days are over.....Just a bunch of fucking idiotic dog owners with no respect for others or the environment now.

That's my three cents!

I had two dog encounters there last Friday. Both dogs were tied up and both owners went out of their way to ensure that their dog's weren't bothering anyone. Unfortunately, as with most things, a few bad apples make everyone look bad. I think we need to just get rid of all the annoying people generally. Starting with the smokers. I find that a lot more annoying and distracting than the dogs.

..He said no..I then started dialing the cops on my cell phone and told him he had three seconds before the call went through.

I don't like individuals who don't clean up after their dogs either. You however are a [stool]pigeon. :tdown: