How young is too young?

i_like_sun

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

three yrs. old and you had feet like sasquatch?

No, apparently those were the smallest size available at REI............ My old man just squished my feet into countless pairs of socks. Whats so cool is that I can remember so vividly learning how to tie laces with these on my feet, and watching my feet make imprints in the mud with these. AND, there is imprints on the insides where my feet pushed the footbed down and also mud is still stuck in between the treads....... sooo cute.

I freaking love little kids!

Back on topic...i think it depends on the kid

my 7 year old cranks...he's been climbing pretty solid since he was six or so and began climbing at 3 1/2...in between digging holes in the dirt and throwing rocks into the river, he gets pitches in...

Some of his buddies, well, a couple of them will be naturals, others, definitely not so...but this is the same with adults...

Back on topic...i think it depends on the kid

my 7 year old cranks...he's been climbing pretty solid since he was six or so and began climbing at 3 1/2...in between digging holes in the dirt and throwing rocks into the river, he gets pitches in...

Some of his buddies, well, a couple of them will be naturals, others, definitely not so...but this is the same with adults...

i agree. it does depend on the kid and it should be up to them. Thing one loves to hike but Thing two we have to bribe. they both like to climb some but i let them climb where the want to and stop when they are ready. pushy parents make unhappy kids. it's suposed to be fun :)