Retired ropes for sale

bstach

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how many lead falls these ropes have on them. The dynamic ropes were all climbed on for about 3-4 seasons of weekend warrior type use. Plus they have been in a rubbermaid bin in my closet for an additional 2-3 years. I had forgotten about them until I saw Tvash sell a retired rope a while back. So I thought I would see if someone has a use for them.

The static rope was used for top-roping and vertical rope work (rappelling and jumaring)in caves. Its probably 10 years old including the last 5 years in the back of my closet.

The sheath is in good shape on all ropes; all retired due to age not defect.

If you don't find a good home for any,I might take one off your hands at no cost to you to weave into a doormat. I have a retired rope, but it's an ass ugly color. The static in particular might be nice if it's black.

Hey, it's no money, but at least I could repurpose one for ya!

Thirty bucks plus shipping in this case...

:lmao: touche!

BUT, having personally seen a rope part, literally fall apart, under bodyweight only (and the resulting near fatality): and seeing how some others take care of their ropes....ahhh, nevermind, you don't want to hear it....

I knew that, and I appreciate you sharing the history before we climbed: but I thought that the fella had stopped climbing and the rope was still fairly (relativly) new....

besides, I wasn't planning on falling on it. :lmao:

(insert justification here)

Often on those kinds of routes, you wind up pulling off a block and taking the ride, or the block does, then at least when that happens, and your rope gets blown, you don't feel as bad as trashing a new one....

BTW, I have some new ones, when we get out together we can use mine for leading and bstachs for rappeling and jugging as we clean the route of blocks and rocks. 1 have an 18 fall 11mil rope that is 6 months old for instance.

Are you seeing this bstach, are you OK with these ropes being pressed into climbing service and used for jugging and rapping ? My fat ass goes at approx 165 lbs, we'll be 200'-300' or so off of the deck?

Maybe JH weighs more than me and we can see if it holds him first? :)

I don't have the expertise to warrant these ropes for any climbing use. I have disclosed everything I know above. I retired these ropes from lead climbing after 3-4 seasons as good practise, just to be on the safe side, not because they had any defect (e.g. soft spots or sheath wear). They are probably fine for jugging/rappleing, but I cannot make any guarantees.

Caveat emptor.

If you want them, PM me shipping info.