• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troll?

-----------------

I'll bite....

I haven't heard.

Rumor has it that a number of climbers (including some highly respected members in the climbing community that are actually sport climbers!) have contemplated removing the bolts and returning it to the state in which is was originally climbed (Or at least 80% of the same line). Why people drive out to climb this route is beyond me.

----------------

Edited by Jens

INDEX was hopping this weekend which was great - if you're gonna do ANY community "service" work - come scrub some stuff at index!

I've been hearing this a lot lately. "Oh man, Index was totally crowded. It ROCKED!"

Weirdo. :confused:

Edited by robmcdan

Doesn't everyone know that Jens broke his foot. It'll be at least a few more months before he has a chance to get to it. Be patient :lmao: :lmao:

Yikes! I broke my ankle a couple years back, right when the weather was getting good. It sucked! But now it's like it never happened. Hope he's ok.

AH!!! Another year and the SOS :yawn::rolleyes:

What would be the point of chop'n it now!!!

The route has been established for over 4 years the FS and ALPS has accepted the route and there are no access issues at this time. Why would anyone think that they would be justified in chop’n IB now ?

Chop'n the route would only make a mess …you know it would be retrobolted, maybe by hand next time…which would make the route totally legal,the work of establishing the route where all the work is has already been done.

If anyone does chop it I think they should have the balls to be up front about it...If you have to sneek around to do something you know your not in the right.

Having seen alpine bolts both here and in NZ take a beating from rockfall, avalanche debris etc. it may not have been a human that put the smack down on those bolts.

Dru's right - I saw one or two last year - deffinitely rockfall related...

Most of the route lies in a geologic hazard area, that's for sure. Maybe they should have used a jackhammer to make divots in the rock surface so the bolts and hangers could have been installed sub-grade, or maybe drilled #4 stopper pockets so you could just climb with a rack of #4 stoppers.

INDEX was hopping this weekend which was great - if you're gonna do ANY community "service" work - come scrub some stuff at index!

I've been hearing this a lot lately. "Oh man, Index was totally crowded. It ROCKED!"

Weirdo. :confused:

Not crowded - everyone had a place to climb and it wasn't bothersome - it was great to talk to other index fans and see people out - I'm not a solitude climber I guess - hate the yosemite crowds though - don't get me wrong...

What would be the point of chop'n it now!!!

To show the climbing community can police itself even if it takes 4-5 years to get around to it.

The route has been established for over 4 years the FS and ALPS has accepted the route and there are no access issues at this time. Why would anyone think that they would be justified in chop’n IB now ?

See above...

Chop'n the route would only make a mess

If done right, you'd never know it was ever there.

you know it would be retrobolted, maybe by hand next time…which would make the route totally legal, the work of establishing the route where all the work is has already been done.

It could simply be chopped again.

If anyone does chop it I think they should have the balls to be up front about it...If you have to sneek around to do something you know your not in the right.

I would have no problem with that...

I call bulls$%t. I have friend who climbed it last week. It was all there.

me 'n my buddy pope will award a case of tasty beer to the heroes who erase the "infinite bliss" atrocity. We'd do it ourselves but frankly, but we don't have the time it would take to perform this task with the care it deserves.

Cold beer awaits you!

mickeys.jpg

P.S. Although Mickey's is our favorite, we'll try to get you whatever you like.

For all you new CC.comers - this is the same post as spring 06, spring 05 and spring 04 -

IB only comes up on radar here - as stated above it's a non-issue.

Some people still think West Face of leaning tower should be chopped....