Summer Wounds

So, every summer I manage to mangle my hands. Last year I had a flapper that I got in June that didn't heal until late November. I'm sure that I'm not the only out there with the same problem, so let's compare war wounds. Show me your hands and then let's see what they look like at the beginning of the ski/ice season (that would be the end of the rock season for those not in the know).

handwounds.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was leading a 5.9 sport climb and fell. Ended up pendulum swinging into a flake that was sticking out.

Picture_0022.jpg

Wow, that's a sick whack to cause your mouth to contort like that...better hope it's not permanent.

btw, have you always had that gash on your back? Is that how you drain your kidney?

I bear some responsibility for Mythosgrl's injury as I encouraged her to lead the 5.9 climb in question and was belaying her when she fell. It was basically just bad luck.

She has since gone on to greater things!

I bear some responsibility for Mythosgrl's injury as I encouraged her to lead the 5.9 climb in question and was belaying her when she fell. It was basically just bad luck.

She has since gone on to greater things!

Matt: I can empathise. My very first time in JT, I learned that in a flaring squeeze chimney, no matter how little pro you have in or how much you are about to grease out, do not use your head and face (this was before helmets) for a jamming device to catch your breath and try to pro the back of the chimney. Thats do not . :lmao:

Mythosgirl: That pic is proving again to me that sport climbing sucks. Damn that looks rash. Ouch. :ooo:

I was gonna show up on this thread and talk about last weekend where I still have thorns from blackberry bushes stuck under my fingernails...festering...making typing and climbing difficult but I got nothing on your folks. (hey Dru, that damn athletic tape on my hands saved my life, you try doing vertical while simutaniously trying to sweep blackberry bushes away as the dirt patch you are on is melting away).

Geeze, you cripples take it easy hey?

(BTW Rad, how much did ya get for the kidney?)