Never Never Crack

bigwallben

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses guys. I tried this thing one snowy day six or seven years ago back when I didn't have any biz being on it. But a couple weeks ago I walked to the base and rekindled some interest. It will be interesting to see what the difficulty is. The Jeff's article definitely makes it sound like Todd sandbagged this one. I know that he had some significantly harder climbs downrated around the time of the FFA and so the 12d grade might be in response. Anyhow, Todd was a friend and I am psyched to do some of his routes. He was truly the most motivated climber I have ever met.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Nice! Now off to Supercrack?

or better yet how about H. Herr's Ride Of the Valkyries---

or the unclimbed testpiece at Katrina Krag

too bad midnight rock season is limited to a couple months a year. but yes, supercrack is definitely on my list! the ride of the valkyries is a roof crack right? by careno crag? and what is this katrina krag testpiece?

thanks everyone for your encouraging posts! it is so nice to not be stuck in a climbing gym eh?

Has this crack seen a second ascent?

i don't know if it was the second ascent, but i rp'd the thing a couple of years ago. i'd say 13a?

pretty hard rig man, congrats!

Just so everyone knows...this 'slab master' is my boss. And although he has been on part of never never, he has certainly never rp'd it, though at times he comes out of the woodwork to run laps on chronic, when the little si-itus is upon him.

Has this crack seen a second ascent?

i don't know if it was the second ascent, but i rp'd the thing a couple of years ago. i'd say 13a?

pretty hard rig man, congrats!

Just so everyone knows...this 'slab master' is my boss. And although he has been on part of never never, he has certainly never rp'd it, though at times he comes out of the woodwork to run laps on chronic, when the little si-itus is upon him.

CLIMBERS GOT BOSSES! ? Times they be a changin'. BWB: Tell your boss to get a camera eh? :grin: