Meet More Babes!

pope

quote:

Originally posted by salbrecher:

Has anyone considered that the kind of women climbing out there these days DON'T want flower patterns and pastels? maybe you havn't seen some of them
[Eek!]
but I can't help but think they might not be down with that.

Huh? The girls who are climbing "these days"....at least the ones I tend to notice....don't have a problem looking pretty or appreciating delicate beauty. I know you're just trying to score points with one of the more independent, rugged (and hairy) gals on this site, but why don't you purchase a pad cover and watch your social circle expand. You'll thank me.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Alex:

I find it disturbing that pope is still thinking about this idea almost a year later. Check the date on the original post.
[Roll Eyes]

After a summer finishing grad school and 10 weeks of coaching football, I finally have some free time again. Anyway, I was fooling around on my garage wall last night, milking a no-hands rest in an overhanging corner, when I looked down at my crash zone and thought, "Wouldn't it be goofy as Hell to have a pad with El Cap Meadows on it?"

Then I remembered the old thread about pad covers (Meet More Babes) and wrote....

And here's another idea, for anybody who recognizes an opportunity for a quick profit. Your average boulder hopper secretly wants to know what it feels like to get way off the deck, but he lacks the vision and courage to get on the sharp end. Hence, the need for another fine product (coming to the REI stocking-stuffer isle for the holidays): a bouldering pad slip-cover with a silk-screened photo of El Cap Meadows, taken from high on the Nose. That's right, the photo selected is of such high resolution that one may even observe tourist trams and gapers eating potato salad in the Meadows, and if you look carefully, you will see a full rack of cams and a jug of water tumbling down Free Blast. Johnny Bachar is visible only two pitches below, 80 feet out on his last nut and obviously climbing up your ass.

One look down at this pad (from the third move on your garage woody) and you'll be sure to capture that big-wall ambience, which may be just what you need to stick the big dyno (and crap your pants in the process).

Speculators and serious investors may send me a PM.

quote:

Originally posted by pope:

And here's another idea, for anybody who recognizes an opportunity for a quick profit. Your average boulder hopper secretly wants to know what it feels like to get way off the deck, but he lacks the vision and courage to get on the sharp end. Hence, the need for another fine product (coming to the REI stocking-stuffer isle for the holidays): a bouldering pad slip-cover with a silk-screened photo of El Cap Meadows, taken from high on the Nose. That's right, the photo selected is of such high resolution that one may even observe tourist trams and gapers eating potato salad in the Meadows, and if you look carefully, you will see a full rack of cams and a jug of water tumbling down Free Blast. Johnny Bachar is visible only two pitches below, 80 feet out on his last nut and obviously climbing up your ass.

One look down at this pad (from the third move on your garage woody) and you'll be sure to capture that big-wall ambience, which may be just what you need to stick the big dyno (and crap your pants in the process).

Speculators and serious investors may send me a PM.

Pure fucking genius. End of story. [sNAFFLEHOUND]

Not quite the end of the story DFA.

The real motivation behind Pope's slip-cover idea? We know Pope once shit in his sleeping bag, but his fecal folly's don't end there. After plastering Dwayner's pad with splatter, and incurring the rage of the good Prof, the idea struck him in a flash of brilliance...poop the pad, no problem...just wash the cover.

Right Poop...I mean Pope?

quote:

Originally posted by willstrickland:

Not quite the end of the story DFA.

The real motivation behind Pope's slip-cover idea? We know Pope once shit in his sleeping bag, but his fecal folly's don't end there. After plastering Dwayner's pad with splatter, and incurring the rage of the good Prof, the idea struck him in a flash of brilliance...poop the pad, no problem...just wash the cover.

Right Poop...I mean Pope?

Will! Will Strickland! Well God damn my eye, how the hell are you? How long has it been? In your hiatus, my modest post total has nearly eclipsed yours, something I never thought I'd see. Slow and steady....

Anyway, the slip-covers are available with a teflon treatment that is guaranteed to repel most staining fluids and malodors. Also, they are completely washable (drip dry only!), and the price is not so prohibitive that a guy couldn't afford to replace one when its essence begins to reveal a history of romantic experimentation.