emo is taking over THE WORLD!

olyclimber

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting new clip. I wonder if it will help any kinds. I attempted suicide 2 times when i was a teen and was a habitual cutter. I still carry scares to this day. it's is a good thing that people are getting educated. it is terrifying that this way of living is "popular" rather than fringe. why would a normal happy kid want to be fucked up? being a teen ager is hard and sucks. at least i always thought so. they did get a lot right. i went years with out wearing shorts skits or bathing suits because i was cutting so much. i always wore a million bracelets and gloves.

is there really that much of our adolescent society that is that depressed and fucked up?

they did not touch on the use of X or other drugs and they should have.

they should have asked the kid why he ran away...

Once today's emo's discover The Smiths/Morissey it's all over....

:lmao::tup:

"I am human and i need to be loooovvveedd, just like everybody else does"

emo is not new... it just didn't used to be so whiny. we were angry and bitter ;)

Thinking that "Emo or Fixie?" could make for a good game-show or carnival attraction. Might prove more challenging for the crowd that frequents the ride/game area at state fairs than knocking over lead-impregnated milk-bottles with foam-core softballs.

I have to think that winning the 4"x4" Van-Halen/Pot-Leaf/Confederate-Flag/etc mirror with the plastic frame for your girlfriend by making the right choice in the "Emo or Fixie" stand will highlight the sensitive elements of one's character and lead to way more post-gravitron/octopus/roller-coaster/teacup-ride action than a display of raw physical prowress at the milk-bottle/squirtgun+clownmouth-ballon-inflation/weight-on-pole-elevation with-sledgehammer/etc would in this more refined and delicate era.

Quoting...

"That's for the special PDX Fixster (fixie-hipster) edition. Add Krypto mini-lock in the back pocket of the brown polyester shants, Chrome messenger bag, and not-wearing-a-helmet-even-though-you-are-completely-oblivious-to-traffic-and-are-basically-asking-to-get-hit-so-your-other-1,000-hipster-clone-friends-can-have-a-nude-candlelight-critical-mass-vigil-ride-to-protest-the-tyranny-of-the-automobile-and-lament-your-tragic-but-ultimately-utterly-predictable-death. Oh, and non-functioning brake lever so the cops don't stop you for brakeless fixie-pedaling."

Jay, you make no sense sometimes.

Sure, the fixie crowd has it's own "look", how do you relate that to the self-mutilating slacker crowd again???

Most of the fixie riders I know are badass riders that would never adopt the "world sucks. I hate myself and everything" attitude - they just want the shock value of the look.

Or maybe that was the difficulty of discernment....ok, I get it. Nevermind. :P

Ex-courier Erik

Edited by MisterE

I think some people have a need to suffer. If they don't get it, they figure out how make it happen.

I think they should just pair these kids up with Layton or Colin for a weekend. Those guys would take them along on one of their little climbing trips and show 'em what suffering is really like. A lifetime of suffering compressed into two days.

I think some people have a need to suffer. If they don't get it, they figure out how make it happen.

I think they should just pair these kids up with Layton or Colin for a weekend. Those guys would take them along on one of their little climbing trips and show 'em what suffering is really like. A lifetime of suffering compressed into two days.

Why not just join The Mountaineers?

P.S. Don't forget your bouldering gaitors!

H_BOULDER11.JPG

Teens rebel, as time goes on each new generation of teens has to find what they think is a new method, They mostly want to be noticed. The old teenage angst thing, maybe. I figure they straighten themselves out eventually or not depending on the tools given them by their parents. The two mom's reminded me of the clueless moms of the early 60's that had no idea whet their kids were up to. WE tried out all the "new" drugs, some of the guys I hung out with croaked and some lived and became regular people. Same shit different generation. Either way the population is still growing.

Edited by TREETOAD

I don't understand how people can still be so oblivious about things like emo. With the media and internet practically force-feeding info to us, even the most blissfully ignorant soccer mom should've at least heard the term by now.

Actually, I never heard the term "emo" before running across this thread. (I don't watch television, and so maybe that's why. For that matter, it was only a couple days ago that I figured out that American Idol is a terrorist organization.)

--Have Chrome and Krypto, will travel.