Plans for Long Weekend?

goatboy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John: What route and whats the rating?

barf.JPG

Great Pic BTW! If the next one had the rack and your face as you were plugging in the pro, that would be tops. Is that a #5 camalot size?

Damn.....cahone shrinkage just lookin at it.

Hang with the wife and kid Sat and Sun, then climb Champagne with my buddy on Monday.

Saturday - fam day, check!

Sunday - fam day, check!

Monday - Champagne with my buddy, check!

Champagne was an, er, adventure. Yeeaahhh... It was fun, except for the falcon attack. And the ticks. And the steep, loose dirt. And the up and down and up and down and up and down. And having the route blocked by goats. And my peanut butter jelly sandwich had no peanut butter... or jelly.

Basically, just what I signed up for!

The plan:

Tonight/tomorrow - new route (for me) up hood all the while trying to avoid the hordes.

Sun into Mon - spend my first night on a portaledge; location to be determined.

The results:

Fri/Sat - WCR on hood (good times!)

WCR TR

Sun - enlisted to working in the yard like a mofo

Mon - enlisted to working on my mom's house like a mofo

Anybody know how I go about burning my fuckin' draft card???

Barf Crack 5.9 gear to ~4 inches... You would walk it Bill

If the next one had the rack and your face

No need to subject the sprayers to my ugly mug :laf:

Here is another photo (not mine... from Knottygirls gallery) of it... crack basically splits the entire dome... very cool feature

Barf_Crack_.jpg

If the next one had the rack and your face

No need to subject the sprayers to my ugly mug :laf:

Here is another photo (not mine... from Knottygirls gallery) of it... crack basically splits the entire dome... very cool feature

Barf_Crack_.jpg

WOW that is sexy!!!

looks like it goes from thin fingers to arm bars :D

Camping at Cooper Spur, hiking around North side of Hood. I have twin uncles getting married (yes, same time, double wedding) Sunday at Timberline Lodge. Too fun!! :brew:

Actual

Fri- arrive to campground near cooper spur around mid-night (work kept me til late)

Sat- drive to Hood River for coffee and treats. Hiked up to A-Frame off cooper spur trail ~5 miles round-trip. Saw some hard core dudes with skis and overnight equip. *beware of vandals* two cars w/ broken windows.

Sun- wedding at Timberline. Drove back to Hood River for dinner, then home to PDX.

Mon- work, run...

THE PLAN:

Tonight: dinner out with wife's co-workers, out to see music later

Tomorrow: something in the Olympics with Fairweather, objective not certain yet.

Tomorrow night: friend's birthday party

Sunday: local organic farmer's party with annual softball game

Monday: work half a day, climb in my yard

Monday night: go see The Hold Steady in Portland at the Crystal

Well, I did everything except the music Friday night and the work on Monday, but the pleasure of the long weekend was offset by the disappearance of Blackjack, my big black cat. :cry:

blackjack.jpg

5.9? NFW! Looks at least 11 something and difficult to pro or stop while you're hanging on too. I must be missing sumptin cause there are no obvious footholds in the pic once you move off the rest you're on, and the crack looks too big for my lil fists, and it looks overhanging...I'm peeing myself looking at the pic......

Damn it sure looks like you folks had a good trip, perfect weather!

Wow, I've been upgraded to ropegun :blush: Unluckily no Index :( We got there around 9:30 and it was still awfully damp, and we weren't familiar enough yet to know if it was going to dry in reasonable time with the cloud cover Monday morning. So we headed to Leavenworth to squeeze a few pitches out of the day. Warmed up on Dog Leg, and made a quick run up Hindquarters. As Sprocket pointed out, it's a bit surreal to be warming up on your high point from a couple of seasons ago :P Dog Leg and Hindquarters were both a bit more burly than I remembered though :) Then it was down to Meat Grinder. I managed an onsight, but it was ugly as hell and involved laybacking off an arm bar, and praying my feet didn't slip as it would have resulted in lost teeth, a broken arm, or both :noway: Overhaning offwidths with no feet are just not my specialty :P Great climb, great gear, definitely deserves it's name :)

Then a quick run up Be My Guest over on 8 Mile Buttress. Nice pleasant climb :tup: well bolted, some interesting face and some delicated slab which was a nice way to end the day :)

Oh, and Mrs. Selkirk planted the garden on Saturday so we now have tomatoes, peppers, and lots of corn on the way :tup: :tup:

THE PLAN:

Tonight: dinner out with wife's co-workers, out to see music later

Tomorrow: something in the Olympics with Fairweather, objective not certain yet.

Tomorrow night: friend's birthday party

Sunday: local organic farmer's party with annual softball game

Monday: work half a day, climb in my yard

Monday night: go see The Hold Steady in Portland at the Crystal

Well, I did everything except the music Friday night and the work on Monday, but the pleasure of the long weekend was offset by the disappearance of Blackjack, my big black cat. :cry:

blackjack.jpg

wierd i thought we lost our big black kitty Grizley this weekend while i was cleaning the garage. but he turned up.