• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
rangertommy

Smith Rock Camping

"Don't sleep close to the urinal...don't sleep close to the urinal...don't sleep close to the urinal..." Got it! Thanks, man. That's a good "heads up."

i have stayed at the bivi a few times. it was okay and handy when the Things were really little. But i much prefer skull hollow. i like th noise and camp fires and the people walking around. the best part is running into people i know. it is so much fun to hook up with fun climbers and share beer and all climb together etc. good times good times!!!

One plus to skull hollow is that your tent ends up next to your car and where you are cooking. While the bivy sites are often a ways away from the "cooking" and parking area. Something else to consider, I suppose it could send you either way.

Probably because I am old, but I like the bivi area. Less large parties, more social drinking. Access to the rock without having to drive, less noise, tremendous view of the rock in the morning if you get a nice site. Bathroom, running water, shower, cannot ask for more. I also seem to meet more people from out of the area there. Skull seems to get the seattle/portland area, Bivi gets the canadians and long distance climbers. Merely my opinion.

I'm thinkin' it's Climber's Bivouac for us. If any of you are gonna be out that way, be sure and say hey! Thanks for your input, y'all!

Just got back from four stellar days at Smith, and we stayed in the Climber's Bivouac. Thanks, all, for your input. The Bivouac site was great, met lots of climbers from all over the place--newbies and hardcore. Super positive atmosphere, even if the walk to the tent was farther than it would be at skull.

We did all the Morning Glory Wall routes, Karate Crack, Sunshine Dihedral, a bunch of stuff off of Northern Point, everything on Rope de Dope, and a bunch of other stuff as well. Beautiful few days!

We did all the Morning Glory Wall routes, Karate Crack, Sunshine Dihedral, a bunch of stuff off of Northern Point, everything on Rope de Dope, and a bunch of other stuff as well. Beautiful few days!

sounds AWSOME!!! glad you had a good time!