Smith Rock Camping

rangertommy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have stayed at the bivi a few times. it was okay and handy when the Things were really little. But i much prefer skull hollow. i like th noise and camp fires and the people walking around. the best part is running into people i know. it is so much fun to hook up with fun climbers and share beer and all climb together etc. good times good times!!!

Probably because I am old, but I like the bivi area. Less large parties, more social drinking. Access to the rock without having to drive, less noise, tremendous view of the rock in the morning if you get a nice site. Bathroom, running water, shower, cannot ask for more. I also seem to meet more people from out of the area there. Skull seems to get the seattle/portland area, Bivi gets the canadians and long distance climbers. Merely my opinion.

Just got back from four stellar days at Smith, and we stayed in the Climber's Bivouac. Thanks, all, for your input. The Bivouac site was great, met lots of climbers from all over the place--newbies and hardcore. Super positive atmosphere, even if the walk to the tent was farther than it would be at skull.

We did all the Morning Glory Wall routes, Karate Crack, Sunshine Dihedral, a bunch of stuff off of Northern Point, everything on Rope de Dope, and a bunch of other stuff as well. Beautiful few days!

sounds AWSOME!!! glad you had a good time!