Worst climb

kevbone

My first climb with the Mounties went something like this:

We all met at the Everett PUD after work, then packed into a single station wagon for an intermittable drive to Liberty Mtn (oh, you haven't heard of it?). At about mile post 1000 on the logging road, we passed a teen couple that were living large out of a mud spattered '64 Plymouth Valiant. A middle aged woman in our party saw fit to ask them 'do your parents know you're up here?', to which they replied with couple of shit eating, we're-just-the-kid-next-door affirmatives.

As we set up camp next to a slash pile, it began to rain. The inquisitive woman, now sporting a pink jogging suit, went out, well, for a jog; one of those hyper active, mini bunny hop jogs one performs during those last few desperate steps to the john immediately following a hangover morning's first Draino-strength cup of coffee. Her regimen was over as quickly as it began; just long enough to warrant an entry in her jazzercize journal.

I gazed up at our objective; 2000' feet of tertiary forest bushwhacking, commencing with a valley descent and creek crossing, and ending with perhaps 100' of mossy, shitty rock. Pure dread.

Then I gazed at my fellow alpine warriors. The last time I felt this disconnected with my own species was as a four year old living in naval housing; the day I discovered that my newfound playmate had a penchance for playing with his own feces.

Fortunately, pouring rain quashed our daring plan. After that, I made it a point to get to know some of the climb leaders before signing on.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not enough food + insane weather + death blisters from hell + intense suffering = MORE FUN THAN I'VE EVER HAD IN THE CITY.

Even the worst climbs, in my opinion, are a wonderful time. I've never "not had fun" :nurd:

You may be onto something there!

My friends and I have longstanding joke about climbs we don’t like while we are on them but later sitting around the fire we rave about them.....they are called a funsuck. I think it is self-explanatory.

Not enough food + insane weather + death blisters from hell + intense suffering = MORE FUN THAN I'VE EVER HAD IN THE CITY.

Even the worst climbs, in my opinion, are a wonderful time. I've never "not had fun" :nurd:

My friends and I have longstanding joke about climbs we don’t like while we are on them but later sitting around the fire we rave about them.....they are called a funsuck. I think it is self-explanatory.

some how i read that as sun fuck.... but maybe thats just me :blush:

I love you Muffy.

I love you Muffy.

I just love your muff